Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    My phone isn't showing the update, despite my pressing the refresh button at least 100 times since last night. Has anybody else had this problem? It's a 1.2.1 Pre on Sprint, quite normal. Already removed all patches and all, but no luck seeing the update.
    Mine is still at 1.2.0 - I never got 1.2.1! Let me know if you have any luck.
    1. Close and re-open the Updates application. Wait 60 seconds and try again.

2. Launch the Device Info app and click on Reset Options. Then click Restart. After the phone has restarted, try again.

3. At this point, a Partial Erase is required. FYI, this erases everything from the device EXCEPT files placed on the device via USB Mode. To do this, launch Device Info again, and click Reset Options, then click Partial Erase. Then try Updates again.

At this point, you should be updated to the latest version of webOS.

For information on how to restore after an update: Palm Support : How to restore data after an update
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Try rebooting your Pre with the Orange-Sym-R option.

I waited all morning for mine to update, and as soon as I did that, it updated. Not sure if that's what did it or if it was just coincidence. they say the servers are busy. I'd wait the rest of the day to see if it updates before you erase anything.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I've rebooted several times, hasn't helped. I may have to do a partial erase. Gotta make a list of homebrew apps...
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    If you are using up a lot of /var space (too many apps installed), the update may not download. Try loading Terminal app in PreWare and then do a 'df /var' command.

If available space is less than 100MB, the update may not load.

If the case, use 'mvapp' to move email and apps to media drive, which will free up space to install the update.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...nk-method.html
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Hmm. Doing a partial or full erase on my phone has no effect on the OS and applications. Something got messed up. Time to Doctor it!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    If you are using up a lot of /var space (too many apps installed), the update may not download. Try loading Terminal app in PreWare and then do a 'df /var' command.

If available space is less than 100MB, the update may not load.

If the case, use 'mvapp' to move email and apps to media drive, which will free up space to install the update.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...nk-method.html
    Thanks for the tip, but I've still got more than 113MB free, so that shouldn't be a problem. At least, I would think that it would find the update even if it couldn't download it.
    I just did a partial erase, and cannot get the update.. Before the erase it would say up to date, now its just hanging. I'm hoping this means the server is busy, versus what I was getting before.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakish View Post
    I just did a partial erase, and cannot get the update.. Before the erase it would say up to date, now its just hanging. I'm hoping this means the server is busy, versus what I was getting before.
    Same issue for me.
    Mine is still saying "up to date", but I'm not ready to do even a partial erase just yet. I will wait a couple more days before I resort to that.
    Mine has done this since 1.2.1, ive never been able to get my phone to say anything besides "Checking for updates".

Ive done a full erase, reset, etc.. nothing works. I downloaded WebOS Doctor, and when it says to plug in the USB cable, the "next" never appears... and it has a full battery.
    something isn't right... Update doesn't give me an error when I open it after putting phone in airplane mode!!!

those of you having issues with it hanging, do you experience the same?
    Early this morning I removed all of my patches and themes and made sure through WebOS Quick Install. I even ran ERP just to make sure. I have not been able to get my Pre to download the update all day. I must have tired over 100 times. I ran the repair utility which found nothing. Under my processes the UpdateDaemon is running fine; still my phone is up to date. I am minutes short of WebOS Doctor, but I am not convinced that doing it will help. Has anyone else made the jump to Doctor and had it solve the problem? I have 98 applications installed and I don't want to start over. Oh yeah, /var is only 25% full.

Edit: I finally got it by moving /var/lib/software/DmTree.xml then running the update app. So all of you having problems and feel comfortable in Linux, just mv DmTree.xml to somewhere else. Next run the update app and you should be prompted for a WebOS update.
    I tried moving - and even deleting - the DmTree.xml file... Didn't work for me, unfortunately... still gave me a "your phone is up to date" when I ran the update app immediately after.

I'm still going to give it a few days before I go crazy and Doctor it... heck, I'd prefer to Doctor it right to 1.3.1 if I have the option, so I may even wait for the new Dr. to come before I get nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamlouish View Post
    Mine has done this since 1.2.1, ive never been able to get my phone to say anything besides "Checking for updates".

Ive done a full erase, reset, etc.. nothing works. I downloaded WebOS Doctor, and when it says to plug in the USB cable, the "next" never appears... and it has a full battery.
    same issue here, and no luck with remove TmTree.xml, anyone can help?
    I have the same issue. Never got update notification and when I check for updates it reads the phone is up to date. My current version is 1.1.0.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    i got a update last night but was 1.2.1 again. i don't see the 1.3.1
    After using the "Device Info" reset option that HardBeatZ suggested, mine updated fine.

(Except for the multitude of patches that aren't working now!)
    mine found the update.. and wouldnt connect to download it.. so i restarted my phone now mine is hanging at the checking for updates screen.. got a full battery, and everything. i did to some patching and theming on my phone.. but i made sure to remove all that before i did this..

im gonna do the partial erase as suggested.. and see what happens.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast