Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    UPDATE.. did the partial erase as suggested.. and it found it..
    Anyone else?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. It might be the patches that were permanantly saved in the Pre's root. I just used WebOS Doctor to restore back to factory settings. After doing that, I then saw the 1.3.1 update. If you do this though, 1.3.1 disables the LED notifications.
    I still haven't gotten my update... I've gone so far as using the WebOSQuickinstall to remove Preware and the package manager service, as well as the file manager service and Internalz along with the GNU Patch and the Diffstat. As expected this didn't make a difference at all...

Still not seeing the update. Next step is a trip to the Doctor, but I hate to do that when I know that Palm is having issues with the contacts being backed up.

I guess I'll wait a little while longer before taking that leap.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I still haven't gotten my update... I've gone so far as using the WebOSQuickinstall to remove Preware and the package manager service, as well as the file manager service and Internalz along with the GNU Patch and the Diffstat. As expected this didn't make a difference at all...

Still not seeing the update. Next step is a trip to the Doctor, but I hate to do that when I know that Palm is having issues with the contacts being backed up.

I'd check the Backup app to see if it backed up recently. I used the Doctor and it worked fine. As soon as you enter in your credentials to access your Palm Profile via Pre, it's going to download all your contacts. You'll need to re-add passwords to Facebook and Google if you have those synced via Synergy, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post

Dont use the WebOS Doctor.. just do the partial erase as noted before.. you wont miss anything.. i promise.. all you gotta do is relog into your phone when you this..

then go back, and reinstall patches..
    Quote Originally Posted by pKevin View Post
    I had the same problem. It might be the patches that were permanantly saved in the Pre's root. I just used WebOS Doctor to restore back to factory settings. After doing that, I then saw the 1.3.1 update. If you do this though, 1.3.1 disables the LED notifications.
    Just readd them with the new quickinstall v 2.9

and my phone is back to how it was, except for no virtual keyboard, and no theme
    Well either way I go, Partial Erase or Doctor, I'm not doing it until I'm sure my contacts have been backed up, and hopefully my WiFi networks list too. haha

I know my contacts are supposed to be backed up on my Palm Profile, unfortunately there have been many, many reports of this not working in recent weeks.

I'd like to have the update, but I can wait if I have to. haha
    Well, I decided to bite the bullet and did a Partial Erase... didn't work, still couldn't pull the update.

So I went the whole 27 feet and visited the Doc - after a full backup of my USB drive of course - low and behold... UPDATE!

Of course I lost all but 1 contact (the one I most recently entered) to the Palm Cloud Fog.

However thankfully I thought to backup my /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 file and replaced it once the update was downloaded (but before installing). There were all my contacts, and as an added bonus, all my messaging history to boot!

1.3.1 is currently installing...

So to summarize: -> -> ->
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12