Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I was previously using the patch that enabled YIM before the 1.3.1 update. I removed the patch but not the account before upgrading to 1.3.1. Interestingly, from Saturday until this morning YIM seemed to be working for me, but now I get the problem where it sits forever without logging in.
    I have tried almost everything, webOS doctor, linking and unlinking a million times, standing on one foot while holding jumping up and down and still no luck. YIM was probably the thing i've been looking forward to most (after a fix to the app limit, which still isn't fixed) and I'm super bummed I can't use it.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Just to let you know this has worked for a few people, but not for others. It did work for me. After I followed these steps ONLINE i went back to the palm and added a yahoo calendar account.. the rest followed after that, including IM. (Leaving calendar and email installed, I think deleting them screwed something up last time.)

Good luck!

------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by sidjohn1 View Post
    Guys i tried this and now everything works.
    Login to yahoo.com (profiles.yahoo.com/)
    Click Account Info > View Account Info
    Click Link your account with other sites
    Under Revocable Settings, Select Palm Synergy.
    Click Continue.

On your Palm Pre remove your yahoo account and all contacts.
    After everyone is gone, Add it back. If your account is @yahoo.com, just use your screen name... ie samsmith, not samsmithatyahoo.com.

Your mileage my vary, this is the play by play that worked for me, and i have a very, very old yahoo account.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    For people using Y!M and getting the continuous sign in spinning issue this worked for me:

I just go to my Y!M account preferences where they show your username and password and retype my password and hit sign in and that did the trick for me.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    If I had a nickel for every time I tried exactly that, I'd be rich.
    It didn't work to just re-enter the pw.
    Eventually had to remove the Y!M profile and then re-add it,
    oddly using exactly the same username format it had been there originally.

ian
    Sorry, I have not read every post. I am just offering the solution that worked for me. I had same exact issues of "signing in" for 20 minutes and getting error messages...

While it says, "signing in", swipe back and go to contacts. If your Yahoo contacts are present with all other contacts, try sending a message to a "synergized" yahoo contact, This is the only way I was able to successfully use Yahoo Messenger. It signed me in instantly and It has worked flawlessly for 2 days since.
    Quote Originally Posted by a1hildeb View Post
    For people using Y!M and getting the continuous sign in spinning issue this worked for me:

I just go to my Y!M account preferences where they show your username and password and retype my password and hit sign in and that did the trick for me.
    WOW, this worked for me thanks!!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have not been able to sign into yahoo messenger either, also I keep getting the message about the yahoo credentials being rejected when the pre checks my yahoo e-mail. It's always done that. Although, if I have an e-mail in Yahoo, I get it. It seems to give me the error for the e-mail only when don't have new messages. Very strange, I've verified my settings according to a few posts on the subject and since it will dl messages when I have them I can only assume I have it set up correctly. But so far I haven't been able to get on Yahoo IM. My pre has never had any homebrew apps or hacks installed and I'm at the 1.3.1 right now.
    Cheers,

Peaty
    Quote Originally Posted by deltatko1 View Post
    I have tried almost everything, webOS doctor, linking and unlinking a million times, standing on one foot while holding jumping up and down and still no luck. YIM was probably the thing i've been looking forward to most (after a fix to the app limit, which still isn't fixed) and I'm super bummed I can't use it.
    I didn't see in there that you disabled and deleted the Palm backup, then did a data reset on the device. Have you tried that (there are detailed instructions elsewhere on the forum if you don't know what I'm talking about).
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    None of my IMs work and the Facebook app wont log on.

Kind of tiring when Palm Pre ads brag about the IM & Social Networking features.
    Ok I have removed my Yahoo IM and added it back just using my username without the @yahoo.com. Currently, it is still trying to sign in. When I had the messaging patch, it worked just fine. When I removed the messaging patch for 1.3.1 upgrade, the Yahoo IM does not work at all. Still trying to connect.....
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    ugh.... have tried everything listed above here except the doctor. seems that, the webosdoctor is also a "hit or miss" solution? i did have the messaging plug-ins installed previous to 1.31. it has to be something residual from the plug-ins... but i do not know enough about webos to begin digging. anymore ideas out there?
    Oh well I guess I won't be using Yahoo IM on my phone anymore!
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I had gotten it to work initially, then it didn't work for a day or two.
    I removed and re-added it and it worked again, and I was able
    to chat with some of my Y!M buddies. Today when I *really* needed
    it to work (work related), I signed in, it showed all my buddies, I sent
    a message to my boss, and she never got it. I sent a message to myself
    and never got it. Went offline, and back online again, and
    the buddy list didn't load. Yahoo profile doesn't say it can't
    login, but it just spins and never connects.

It's just too flaky to be used.

I also have to be very careful after linking a Y!M buddy to an existing
    contact, that when I want to talk to them in Y!M that I switch their
    message type. You can click on a buddy in the Yahoo buddy list, send a
    message, and end up with it going to an SMS or even sending to a
    home # using sprint's message to text service. Other day it was
    doing that to one of my contacts even when Yahoo type was selected.
    It's just broke.

ian
    everything i've seen with issues involving the messaging had to do with a corrupt file being pushed down via palms backup app. Just turn off backups, do a partial erase, re-enter your accounts you want sync'd for email, messaging, ect. They should all login without an issue. then turn backups on and viola working pre with contacts , messaging, ect
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Define "partial erase". And where did you see this info about
    a corrupt backup file?

ian
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    WOW, this worked for me thanks!!

Thank button is to the right lol

I noticed that on mine that the password wasn't as long as my actual password so I retyped it and that's when I found out it worked. Weird, but hey I am not going to question it as long as it works.
    couldnt get my messengers to sign in after doctoring back to 1.3.1 and getting a fresh start so i installed the messaging patch again and now its working....better than nothing
    Well I havent "doctored" since the update, but I attempt to add the Yahoo Messager account. Type in my User Name and Password and it will try and sign in and after 10 seconds it will say:

"Sign in Failed. Try again"

This was the same error I got from day 1 of the new update. I have tried for 15 mins straight, I have tried at different times of the day, I have tried at 2am thinking their may be a huge overload on the server. Nothing worked.

I have Yahoo email set up with Synergy (and even got the email on yahoo saying it was linked up). I have attempted to Delete Yahoo email and reinstall. While it did uninstall and reinstall the email, it did not correct the messager issue.

On my home computers, I use trillain chat software and I know they have different log-in servers for yahoo. Could this be an issue that could be changed via a hack?

Side-question: With the new patch, do I have to re-download the webosdoctor or will it update itsself?

Thanks in advance
    I have a completely different issue regarding Yahoo Msngr. When I updated to 1.3.1 it automatically Synergized the email account I had set up for Yahoo, imported my contacts, and added an I'm account and it worked with no issues.

My problem is, I added a second Yahoo account AFTER the 1.3.1, and the new account does not show up as an I'm account. When I tried to add it manually, Yahoo doesn't show as an option, just Google & Aim. Remember, the Yahoo account that I had on the phone prior to the update works fine in I'm.

It seems that it is only allowing ONE Yahoo I'm account? Has anyone had success with multiple Yahoo I'm accounts (without patching)?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast