Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Ok, I tried to run the doctor twice with no success. Everytime I get to the screen where it tells me to connect my phone, the next button is not highlighted. I tried connecting the phone before and after. I am also chosing the just charge option.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by dago52 View Post
    Ok, I tried to run the doctor twice with no success. Everytime I get to the screen where it tells me to connect my phone, the next button is not highlighted. I tried connecting the phone before and after. I am also chosing the just charge option.
    Same problem here. Ive waited 25 mins already and cannot click next. Honestly I dont even want 1.3.1 at this time. I would much rather just doctor it and get back to 1.2.1!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Just chiming in- no Yahoo! messenger for me, either. Thinking I needed to add Yahoo somewhere for it to show up as an option, I added Yahoo contacts. I have the contacts from Yahoo, the mail, and the calendar- no IM. Deleted the mail, and the calendar- still no IM. Clicked on one of my new Yahoo contacts, saw their IM name, clicked on it, and it went to the messaging app and gave an error, saying that the protocol wasn't supported.
    I haven't ran any patches, just homebrew apps.

I installed 1.3.1 and added YIM, when I try to sign in it says password is wrong, trust me, it isn't wrong.

YIM won't work for me just keeps saying wrong pw.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Yep, I'm seeing the same thing.
    When I added YIM yesterday after the 1.3.1 update, it very slowly
    and painfully added all my Yahoo contacts to Buddy list and I was
    able to send messages to myself and one of my buddies.
    I then noticed that it had added Yahoo profiles for Contacts, Calendar,
    and Email (none of which had been set up before).

After a reboot last night, I noticed that my buddy list was empty
    even when I was marked as Available. I changed the YIM password
    to something bogus then back to legit password and it refuses to login.
    I verified the password on the website, and then verified that it can
    sign in to Yahoo Email/Calendar/Contacts profiles, but not Messenger.

My guess is that Palm's Yahoo Messenger proxy server is simply thrashed to death.

Can *anyone* see active Yahoo buddy list today?

ian

P.S. Had no patches installed before 1.3.1 update.
    In another thread someone just about verified that this happened because of people using the messenger plug in and they showed the steps to fix it.

I know many say they never used it but it or another hack seems to have left something behind that stops IM from working.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller View Post
    In another thread someone just about verified that this happened because of people using the messenger plug in and they showed the steps to fix it.

I know many say they never used it but it or another hack seems to have left something behind that stops IM from working.
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...82#post2037757

The "complete erase" step jhoff did wasn't necessary, but I followed everything else and now it all works fine.

The key is disabling backups so your palm profile backup is deleted off of Palm's servers. Seems to be something in the profile, especially for those who have used greg_roll's messenger plugins that causes the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by dago52 View Post
    You have to force the Pre into USB mode (this is a repost of a previous message):

• Disconnect your Pre from everything
    • Remove the back
    • Remove the battery
    • Plug in the UBS cable to the Pre, and to your computer
    • Hold the volume up button, (that's the button on the left side of the Pre, closest to the top)
    • While hoding the volume up button, put the battery back in

You will now see the large USB connection logo.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I've never installed the Yahoo Messenger plugin. My phone was
    completely unpatched before 1.3.1.

ian
    Did you guys try to log in using just your user name? Mine would not log in if I put @yahoo.com in the longin. I put just my user name without the @yahoo.com and it worked right away. Give it a shot.
    I did not use the messanger patch. I did have yahoo email installed. Just set up yahoo IM and was able to view my buddy list. Did not try and send an IM tho.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    Did you guys try to log in using just your user name? Mine would not log in if I put @yahoo.com in the longin. I put just my user name without the @yahoo.com and it worked right away. Give it a shot.
    I think that's how I originally set up YIM Profile, but it converted
    the name from username to username@yahoo.com itself
    and doesn't let you change it once saved. Have to delete the profile and
    re-add, but if it changed it itself before, no reason to expect it won't do so again.

ian
    edit
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Does anyone know where on the device the contacts are stored? I was using the plugin and did uninstall it before upgrading to 1.3 but I did not delete the account. It won't login to YIM anymore, even deleting and re-adding the account, adding mail, etc. I do notice a lot of stale yahoo contacts, presumably left over from the messaging patch so I was wondering if that might be part of the issue.
    I had same issue, with @yahoo.com as part of user name. Got rid of domain, issue went away.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    not working for me. Did a complete new install for 1.2.1 and updated to 1.3.1. yahoo is still not working. If I select "available" it is going directly to offline.. it is not trying to connect at all. tried with my nick without yahoo.de and with, but doesn´t work..
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    I had same issue, with @yahoo.com as part of user name. Got rid of domain, issue went away.
    Got rid of it by deleting the YIM profile and re-adding?

If so, that wreaks havok on all the new YIM contacts which had to be
    manually linked to existing contacts.

I just tried it anyway, and still can't login to YIM using username/pw versus
    username@yahoo.com/pw

Does anyone actually have YIM working right now? That is, showing
    the full buddy list and able to send/receive messages?

ian
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    argh, update. Whereas I was seemingly the only person in this thread to have Yahoo IM work out of the box, am now having the exact same issue and error pointed out in the screenshot above. I haven't done anything since it working and now. Yahoo email and caledar continue to login just fine, too bad I never use them. I really wanted the IM!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Just a quick update- I'm having problems on a brand-new-from-Palm phone that I received the day before the update was available. No homebrew, no patches, just a pristine, FOB Pre. No Yahoo.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    So as I said above, I deleted my YIM profile and tried to re-add it using just
    the username instead of username@yahoo.com.
    That didn't work. In desperation, I tried username@yahoo.com again
    and poof, it worked. Of course it re-added the Calendar profile I
    had removed before.

I also noticed that most of the contacts had remained from the last attempt,
    some still linked.
    Buddy list came up after it finished syncing and I was able to send a
    message to myself (I always keep myself as a contact for this reason).
    But as soon as I tried to talk to one of my other buddies (which is
    linked to an existing contact) it sent them an SMS instead of using Yahoo
    despite the fact that I had clicked on their name in the active Buddy list
    and showed Y! icon by their name.

Unlinking their Y! contacts and relinking them, seems to have fixed that.

Someone earlier mentioned that they appear to get every Yahoo
    contact linked twice when they add to an existing contact.
    Looks like that's because one instance is tied to the Contacts Y! synergy
    and the other to YIM buddy list synergy. They both create an
    entry in contacts, and when you go to link either one, it knows
    they're tied to each other, and links both at once.
    If you remove the Yahoo contacts profile, you lose all your full
    name/nickname information.
    You can still link an existing contact to YIM usernames, but not by
    name of the person. Confused yet?

ian
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast