Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After 1.3.1 I can't install any apps. Every time, I get the message that says its full and I have to delete apps.

Problem is, after I received that message the first time, I started deleting apps I deemed unnecessary and took note of their sizes.

Despite having cleaned up 5 apps that totalled over 5MB, I still can't install a 1.2MB app - because it says app storage is full.

This is but one of the issues my Pre has had since updating to 1.3.1.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taalibeen View Post
    After 1.3.1 I can't install any apps. Every time, I get the message that says its full and I have to delete apps.

Problem is, after I received that message the first time, I started deleting apps I deemed unnecessary and took note of their sizes.

Despite having cleaned up 5 apps that totalled over 5MB, I still can't install a 1.2MB app - because it says app storage is full.

This is but one of the issues my Pre has had since updating to 1.3.1.
    Did you unisntall preware/etc before putting 1.3.1 on?

If so, install them again. Preware has the package management service which gets around the app storage full issue.
    -m
    (Preware has the package management service which gets around the app storage full issue.)really it did?, can we get a confirmation with that, cuz i still have that issue
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    BUMP!!

I have this issue also, is this a bug in the update, has anyone figured out what the problem is besides puuting a patch in. It shouldn't need a patch as there is plenty of memory.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    BUMP!!

I have this issue also, is this a bug in the update, has anyone figured out what the problem is besides puuting a patch in. It shouldn't need a patch as there is plenty of memory.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Bump. Was able to install from Palm App Catalog before 1.3.1. Can no longer install apps from App Catalog. I have deleted a few apps but still cannot download from app catalog. Still getting "App Storage Is Full".
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Same here. Delete a bunch of apps and no luck installing new apps form the palm app catalog. BUT I can add apps from Preware.
    Is there anyone having install issues and not doing any homebrew? This is a serious issue if no homebrew/PreWare/patches are involved.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    The patches that I have installed are:
    4x4 Icons v3
    Add Date - MM/DD
    Battery Icon as Percent
    Capture with Volume Keys
    Closer Slider to End Calls
    gdial
    dDial Pro Universal Integration

I deleted all of these and other prior to the update. I then reinstalled them after updating with 1.3.1. Now I can not install from Palm App Store, but can install apps with Preware.

Anyone who is having this problem have any of the same patches to see if it has to do with patching?
    Yup... I tried to update an application and got the dreaded "App Storage is full" message. After deleting almost all my installed apps, one by one, I still cannot install anything new. Seems that Palm really screwed the pooch with this one if no one can install apps... 1.3.2 to come out soon enough?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gbugler View Post
    Bump. Was able to install from Palm App Catalog before 1.3.1. Can no longer install apps from App Catalog. I have deleted a few apps but still cannot download from app catalog. Still getting "App Storage Is Full".
    I did a Partial Erase from the Reset Options. Downloaded my settings from Palm. Reinstalled Preware, homebrew apps, 4x4 icons, battery %. All is working again.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Preware has been updated to v0.9.10 and still has the sample problem."App Storage Is Full"
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem. I've never installed Preware, but do have WebOSQuickInstall. Tried to update Gdial Pro today from the App Catalog and for the first time got the "App Storage Is Full" message.

Haven't yet tried to update Gdial Pro with Quick Install - i'll see how it goes.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    i learned that Gdial Pro isn't available via Quick Install. I installed Preware for the first time, and was then able to install the Gdial Pro update, which is working fine.

And then i tried to install apps and had no problem! so perhaps i had an app install problem after the 1.3.1 update, but installing Preware for the first time fixed it?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    BUMP

Any help on this from Palm yet? I only started downloading homebrews recently after installing the WebOSQuickInstall after updating to 1.3.1. Now I can't download/update anything from the App Catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by kotkinjs1 View Post
    BUMP

Any help on this from Palm yet? I only started downloading homebrews recently after installing the WebOSQuickInstall after updating to 1.3.1. Now I can't download/update anything from the App Catalog.
    After the update to 1.3.1 I was able to install apps just fine. It actually seemed like I could install a few more than before. However, just recently (like the last two days) I have been unable to install new apps, even after deleting unnecessary apps. As stated above, Palm needs to fix this. Especially if they hope to compete against android and apple.
    Any news on the "App Storage Full" problem???? I can't update/add anything from the App catalog, since updating to 1.3.1
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I also get the no memory message. I have plenty of memory. Sprint told me to do a hard reset, which I don't want to do. I believe it's a 1.3.1 problem.....anybody got to Palm yet?
    I had this problem. I rebooted several times, uninstalled/reinstalled Preware...finally...finally it worked itself out.

At first I got the "Out of memory" junk...even after I deleted all my apps. Did the preware thing...that fixed it.

Then I got the App Catalog is not available. Rebooted...that went away.

Next the App Catalog would stall whenever I tried to download anything. After a few more reboots that went away as well.

I shouldn't have had to do any of this, but if you are having this issue, sometimes persistence can pay off.

David
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. Simple solution as stated just use WebOS Quick Install's Device Management page (under TOOLS) and un-select the Package Manager Service and the Preware application. You can then reinstall them and your ability to download apps is fixed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast