1.    #1  
    I tried to install the 1.3.1 update and it failed at the validation process and said to try again later. So I rebooted and tried again, validation completed and the phone began to install the update. After the installation completed, it rebooted, now it is stuck in an endless loop. The palm logo shows up with no pulsating light around it for about 30 seconds, the the screen turns off and back on to the palm logo again, wash, rinse, repeat. This has been going on for 15 mins now. What should I do? Thanks for the help.
    Did you have any patches installed?
  3.    #3  
    No patches, tweaks, or homebrew apps were installed.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Sounds like a visit to the doctor...

Hope you didn't have anything you couldn't lose on your phone (you DO back your pictures and stuff up, right??)
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I just downloaded 1.3.1 and looks like everything went well began installing my Patches and apps. After rebooting the palm I lost all of my Icons I tried to reboot the Pre again and still nothing. Tired to take out Battery as well and still nothing I went back into webos install and clicked on Device Mang to uninstall the patches and the applications. I couls uninstall the apps but when I click on the Patches nothing comes up Looks like I have to do the DOC unless someone has an idea that can help.
    Thanks in advance
  6.    #6  
    Well, I pulled the battery, and tried booting again. It went right back into the endless loop. This is ridiculous.
  7.    #7  
    I cant even get web doctor to recognize the phone, its stuck in the endless loop so my PC tries to recognize it, then the phone reboots after 30 secs, so I can't get anywhere. Any suggestions?
    Similar problem here. Phone just sits with the palm logo indefinitely following the 1.3.1 update... doesn't even reboot like yours. Not sure what to do at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedz View Post
    I cant even get web doctor to recognize the phone, its stuck in the endless loop so my PC tries to recognize it, then the phone reboots after 30 secs, so I can't get anywhere. Any suggestions?
    Follow the steps in the following link, specifically the steps when it doesn't recognize your Pre.

How To Recover - WebOS Internals
    The Dr and I had our first appointment together and that fixed my problem. Had to use the 1.2.1 doctor, then downloaded and reapplied the 1.3.1 patch and now all is well. Except of course for everything I lost... photos, text messages, SplashID data, etc. Ugh... that stinks. But thanks for the link to the Doctor instructions.