1.    #1  
    I performed a soft reset of my Pre about a week ago, which resolved a minor bug in the messaging app. When the device was fired back up, all of my patches/tweaks were still installed and operational. However, these patches/tweaks are not recognized by Preware or WebOS Quick Install. I have:

-restarted the device
    -tried to run emergency patch recovery tool
    -scanned using WebOS Reapair Utility

But my patches/tweaks are still istalled and operational on the device. And, like everyone else, I'm scared to update to 1.3.1 before removing them! Any help is appreciated, thank you.
    I had this exact same problem and updated anyway. My phone had a few fits but did not get anywhere near needing to doctor it. I guess I'll just recommend what I did - back everything up and take your chances with 1.3.1. But maybe someone else has some better advice.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    I had this exact same problem and updated anyway. My phone had a few fits but did not get anywhere near needing to doctor it. I guess I'll just recommend what I did - back everything up and take your chances with 1.3.1. But maybe someone else has some better advice.
    If I'm going to back everything up, I'd rather just run the doctor and then update. The only problem I have with that is re-downloading all of my apps. However, all of the apps I have downloaded are free, so I'm not opposed to running the doctor before updating, if no one has any other ideas...

PS
    I've read about someone else on here who tried updating without uninstalling patches, and now this person cannot connect his Pre to the computer at all. I don't want to take that risk.
    I just ran into this thread with advice about using web os repair utility... I'd go with that :-)

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1992071
  5.    #5  
    Thanks, but I was able to fix it myself.

In the webOS Repair Utility, under the Options menu, I selected "Override Compatibility". This allowed for the repair utility to restore not only "damaged" files, but files I had purposefully changed, like the patches.

Updating to 1.3.1 now!

Thanks for the suggestions.

BY THE WAY:
    Will WebOS Quick Install still work with 1.3.1, or do we have to wait for an update on that too? I would like to reinstall my patches/tweaks right away.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    myself and a lot of others ran into the same issue and just updated with all the patches and themes still installed. Mine worked fine as did many others. I don't think its advised to do this regularly but for this update it removed them all on its own... After the update all my patches and my theme (aside from oddly the sprint icon still being themed) were all gone and the phone works fine (I'm typing this on it.).