Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I updated to 1.3.1 but now my sounds are kind of weird. When I go to set a ringtone I tried to preview it but no sound came out. I flipped to vibrate and back but still nothing. Same thing when I set SMS tones. When someone calls or sends me a text, the sounds do work, I just can't play them when I'm choosing one. I also jumped to the music player (both Palm's and the homebrew one) and again, no sounds. The music is playing but no sounds are coming out of the speaker.

So is there a new mute button that I don't know about somewhere??
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    Did you recently plug in headphones to the headphone jack? Sometimes that will screw up the sound.. Try plugging in the headphones and slowly pull them out...
    The update mutes system sounds check your volume in 'Sounds & Ringtones"
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Nah, something is definitely wonky. I went to sounds & ringtones and nothing was muted or turned off but I adjusted the slider volume to see if that would play the small preview. It did play but now my system sounds made the camera sound (when adjusting the slider). But when I receive an email or put the phone on the Touchstone it still plays the old two-tone beep kind of noise that it used to play (the normal sound).

But I still don't get any sound when I either play music or try to preview a ringtone before selecting it.

As for the headphones, I never use headphones with this phone but I'll find a pair and plug them in to see if that does anything.
    When you make a phone call, can you hear the other caller or does it only work on Speaker mode?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    No, I can hear the other caller just fine.
    +1 - Same here.

My system sound has been replaced by the camer shutter sound for some reason.

Never use the headphones either.
    Phone works normally (not only speaker mode).
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    And for the record, I use homebrew apps but have not applied any patches or themes.
    NO sound OR vibration for emails messaging and alot of my mp3 ringtones arent playing all the way thru!! so i waited forever to get yahoo messaging not i can hear the damn IM's everything else is fine ive tried everything so gonna have to go see the DOC when its released
    Last edited by mr2dxtream; 11/14/2009 at 02:41 PM.
    STAR TAC w/TIMPORT ORGANIZER>I300>I330>TREO600>TREO650>TREO700>TREO755P
    I have just upgraded and after a couple of hours of loading some programs and doing some other stuff I noticed any sound going through the back speaker is very very soft. I think the sound through the jack is fine. I have check all the settings.
    Audio seems to be hosed in apps as well. Something screwy is going on with Audio for sure. I noticed the LOUD notifications are back as well...
    I am having a similar issue except when I make a phone call I cannot hear the other person unless I plug in headphones. I can't seem to fix it with restarting the phone or messing with sound options.

EDIT: Fixed my issue by following DanPLC's advice and taking a q-tip stripped down to minimal cotton dipped in alcohol and cleaned out the headphone jack to keep it from thinking it had the headphones plugged in. Worked like a charm.
    Last edited by maleoutkast; 11/14/2009 at 08:37 PM.
    I have a different issue with sounds not playing. All my ringtones that i added worked with the exception of the one i use for my alarm. It is the sound of a horn that is very, very, LOUD. it will play but then when it gets to the loudest part the speaker cuts out. very weird.....
    Under system sounds, I am also getting the camera shutter sound. But when I get an email, there is the 2 beep sound.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I also am getting camera shutter sound when I slide the slider in system sounds. Everything else seems ok except notifications are loud.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Definitely a software problem. Another oddity that I noticed is that even when I have my system sounds turned off I am still getting notification sounds. For instance, last night before I went to bed I turned off system sounds (that way the phone will still ring while I'm sleeping but I won't hear email notifications or text messages). However, as soon as I placed the phone on the Touchstone I got the charging notification sound and whenever I get emails the sound is still playing even though the systems sounds is turned to off.
    Quote Originally Posted by westie3130 View Post
    Under system sounds, I am also getting the camera shutter sound. But when I get an email, there is the 2 beep sound.
    I'm having the same issue!!!