Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

    I was on 1.2.1 with patches installed and then upgraded it, without removing them. Now everytime I plug my pre in my computer, no notifications pop up to ask "Media", " USB Drive" or "Just Charge". Now when it is connected, the pre wont charge, can't access it with either QuickInstall or WebOS Doctor and there is no Preware on it... Any suggestions on what to do? Never encountered something like this before...

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    pull the battery, put it back in and press and hold the up volume key and insert usb and you should be able to run the doctor
  3. mrkalel's Avatar
    Posts
    739 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #3  
    I was ******* half asleep when I got the twit about 1.3.1... so of course I let it go through without removing my patches... before I realized... it was almost done...

    Long story short... it seems that everything is fine...

    I had
    1. Date and Battery percent
    2. 4*4 ver 3
    3. Keyboard
    4. Roam only
    5. LED Notice

    I think thats all... so fingers crossed everything seems ok... other than LED notice is still there... which I heard it will disappear if I restart Luna...

    so... yea... thats my story...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
  4. #4  
    I did the same thing. The update went OK, the phone is working fine, but I cannot update/install/remove any patches. Does anyone know:

    1. Is there a way to fix this without running WebOS Doctor? Like a partial erase or something?
    2. If I do have to run WebOS Doctor, is there a way to backup and restore text messages?

    At least the phone isn't bricked. Stupid me- no more updating my Pre when I'm half-asleep!
  5. bignoze's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    #5  
    you need to use quick install to manually remove the patches.
  6. Tcub's Avatar
    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam.dunsmore View Post
    Hey guys,

    I was on 1.2.1 with patches installed and then upgraded it, without removing them. Now everytime I plug my pre in my computer, no notifications pop up to ask "Media", " USB Drive" or "Just Charge". Now when it is connected, the pre wont charge, can't access it with either QuickInstall or WebOS Doctor and there is no Preware on it... Any suggestions on what to do? Never encountered something like this before...

    Thanks
    If you want to run webOS Doctor do this...
    Step 1: Turn your Pre off..
    Step 2: Open webOS Doctor and get the step which ask you to plug in your Pre
    Step 3: Plug the Pre in! DON'T TURN IT ON YET!
    Step 4: Okay.. PAY ATTENTION HERE! While holding the volume "Up" button press and hold the power button.

    Your Pre will turn on and show the USB Symbol and webOS Doctor will allow you to continue with the restore.

    Restore to 1.2.1 then update to 1.3.1.. Get preWare back and patch away!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  7. #7  
    i didnt know to take off the patches. i had 10 patches i went to remove them after the update but i get "error removing see ipkg log" i also cant access preware or file coster. everything else seems to work fine. anyone know how to remove the patches?
  8. Tcub's Avatar
    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jweb305 View Post
    i didnt know to take off the patches. i had 10 patches i went to remove them after the update but i get "error removing see ipkg log" i also cant access preware or file coster. everything else seems to work fine. anyone know how to remove the patches?
    Remove the patches by running webOS Doctor. That's how I do it. If you're having issues with webOS Doctor, read my post above.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  9. #9  
    the last time i ran os doctor it messed my phone up and had to replace it
  10. #10  
    There's Emergency Patch Recovery in Preware (go to List of everything and type "emer" and it'll pop up, or the WebOS Repair Utility that you can try, short of a trip to the doctor.
  11. Tcub's Avatar
    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jweb305 View Post
    the last time i ran os doctor it messed my phone up and had to replace it
    Can you be more specific? What happened? I've personally never had any issues with webOS Doctor nor have I heard of anyone else having issues with it.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  12. Tcub's Avatar
    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by McKathryn View Post
    There's Emergency Patch Recovery in Preware (go to List of everything and type "emer" and it'll pop up, or the WebOS Repair Utility that you can try, short of a trip to the doctor.
    I'd have suggested that to, but isn't that only for patches installed via PreWare? What if you used QuickInstall to add patches? I could be wrong but I could have sworn reading that somewhere.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  13. #13  
    when my phone restarted all i got was lines on the screen
  14. omardd98's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #14  
    I just downloaded 1.3.1 and looks like everything went well began installing my Patches and apps. After rebooting the palm I lost all of my Icons I tried to reboot the Pre again and still nothing. Tired to take out Battery as well and still nothing I went back into webos install and clicked on Device Mang to uninstall the patches and the applications. I couls uninstall the apps but when I click on the Patches nothing comes up Looks like I have to do the DOC unless someone has an idea that can help.
    Thanks in advance
  15. Tcub's Avatar
    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jweb305 View Post
    when my phone restarted all i got was lines on the screen
    I would have erased the java file and downloaded it again from Palm website. Then tried the directions I posted above. The reason for performing the latter is, now matter how screw up it becomes it'll allow you to always perform the reinstall.

    At the same time, it's always nice getting a new Pre.. especially if you have the oreo effect!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  16. #16  
    As an update- Emergency Patch Recovery fixed all my problems. I can now install, uninstall, and update patches again. It's great. Thanks McKathryn for suggesting that!
  17. St0rmD's Avatar
    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    Remove the patches by running webOS Doctor. That's how I do it. If you're having issues with webOS Doctor, read my post above.
    Don't suggest people run Doctor as the first option to solve a problem. Doctor deletes all the data off a phone and should be used as a last-resort strategy if all else fails. Nobody should have to dedicate half a day to reinstalling all their phone software because of a minor flub.

    There's already been several threads about this patching issue that have discussed and confirmed the viability of using Emergency Patch Recovery to fix this issue without losing any data.
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
  18. #18  
    i had the same prob.. but the emergency recover worked like a charm
  19. #19  
    it doesn't take half a day to recover your phone. . . .

Posting Permissions