1.    #1  
    Just doctored back and everything feels good again.

Reasons:
    MyTether
    Hidden Icons
    V keyboard

Any way to keep the phone from automatically updating?
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    give it a few hours.... I'm sure they will be updated quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Just doctored back and everything feels good again.

Reasons:
    MyTether
    Hidden Icons
    V keyboard

Any way to keep the phone from automatically updating?
    Choose "later" everytime you plug it in and it asks you if you want to update? I don't think anyone ever came up with a foolproof way of keeping the updates away.

edit: if you're rooted try this http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2034099
    Last edited by tarirene; 11/14/2009 at 02:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    If you're willing to make those mods, then why not just hide the icons by editing the JSON files ...

Or better yet, go to /usr/palm/applications and rm -Rf the com.hanson (or is it handson) and the com.(whatever).sprinttv ones ...

Then they don't even take up disk space (file system space, whatever)..

By editing the JSON, I mean finding the appinfo.json in the appropriate application's directory, and editing it so it looks like (don't remove the other stuff, I just used the ... as placeholders).

{
    "visible": "false",
    }
    i miss the hide certain icons patch too but im not going to downgrade because of it. im sure in a a day or so those patches will be updated.
    any way to downgrade back to 1.2.1 without resetting the phone to factory settings? Im having issues with Preware and updating the patches since the update (sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this....I'm kinda new to all this and can't start my own thread)
    once mytether has working wifi i think i might upgrade. But the instant the upgrade came out the issues thread was the most active so i don't mind waiting. or until 1.3.2 comes out and fixes the bugs.