1.    #1  
    I had a patch installed before that hid the NFL/NASCAR apps, but I've updated to 1.3.1 and I guess the patches aren't ready yet? Someone said there's a way to get rid of them permanently with Terminal. How exactly do I do that? Is this sequence right?

1. Open Terminal
    2. type: ipkg remove com.handson.app.nascar
    3. Hit enter

Tried this way and it didn't work....am i missing a step?
    Yeah, sorry, I forgot a step when I posted the instructions on that other thread.

You'll need to do:

mount -o remount,rw /

before running that command, and then

mount -o remount,ro /

after running it. I removed them months ago, so forgot that you needed to remount the filesystem first. You'll also have to reboot after doing this.
  3.    #3  
    So this will totally take them off my Pre....and won't interfere with any subsequent updates of webOS? (Prob a stupid question, but I'm a chemist, not a programmer)
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    So this will totally take them off my Pre....and won't interfere with any subsequent updates of webOS? (Prob a stupid question, but I'm a chemist, not a programmer)
    It should, but can't guarantee. About ten minutes ago, I'd have answered with a definite yes, but I got a second 1MB 1.3.1 update just now that reinstalled them. Since then I've hit the refresh button in the updates app a couple times, and nothing, but can't guarantee it.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Is that all the update did? Just reinstalled those infernal icons? That's almost surgical.
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    Is that all the update did? Just reinstalled those infernal icons? That's almost surgical.
    Yeah, the second time that's all it did. Took less time for the "updating" process to occur than it did for the rebooting.
  7.    #7  
    Well, as long as you were able to install 1.3.1 without any problems it's fine. If the apps show up again then they show up again. I'm sure a patch will come out again. I guess Sprint just really really wants people to be NASCAR and NFL fans. Why couldn't they put something good like MLB on the Pre? Thanks for the help jhoff
    the patch for NASCAR and NFL removal works for me. Couldn't get sprint TV patch to work though
    Quote Originally Posted by max.swell View Post
    the patch for NASCAR and NFL removal works for me. Couldn't get sprint TV patch to work though
    I couldn't get NASCAR to work...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    The reason is that Sprint has a contract with both Nascar and the NFL. Somewhere in that contract it probably states that the apps are not "user removeable".