Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Im seeing good progress since i first had the Pre, added web downloading, full universal copy paste, yahoo integration, music scrollbar in the player, text forwarding abilities, ability to change notification tones etc. etc. all native without having to patch anything (dont like it)

So what do you think so far?? Is the ''unfinished feel'' starting to go away??

I have a Hero and am fine with it but IMO my dream device is something like the Pre and WebOS (elegance) but with a OS that is a full featured and able as android.... Im waiting for the update that makes me want to get a Pre again...

opinions??
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
  2.    #2  
    wow, 100 views and no reply... looks like 1.3.1 was good cuz you are really enjoying your Pre's now lol
    (\__/)
    basically we have had 4 updates which have each applied roughly 1 of the 20 missing basic features and are still waiting for something ground breaking which appears will not be happening anytime before the next pre is released.

So basically it is a start and is better than nothing but the phone still falls way short of the competition
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    It's much closer now. I would wait for (If I had it to do over again) WebGL or something that actually uses the graphics processor (More speed), a calendar update that would allow all day events like birthdays to show up in the month view of the calendar, and LED notifications. If I had these items I plus what we already have, I would say she's pretty complete. Then you could depend on the application network for all the extras you need. Again, 1.31 is close, just not there yet. (And I have two if them...)
    When there is some implementation of the GPU, then I will think it's more finished. At the moment a lot of these are just bug fixes and some necessary changes that I and others believe should have been available at day one.
  6.    #6  
    thanx for the opinions, i wonder how the Pre would have turned out if it was released with something like 1.3.1 from the get go?
    (\__/)
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I think that the majority of people with the phone are happy. People don't normally get on a forum to praise anything; normally, it is the exact opposite.
    No. It still feels unfinished. Half of what they fixed I wasn't aware of or didn't care about, and some of the fixes are actually harmful, like the change to the tap response and the Yahoo login problems. They rush fixes and don't think and test them through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
    thanx for the opinions, i wonder how the Pre would have turned out if it was released with something like 1.3.1 from the get go?
    Do you mean if they released the Pre now instead of the Pixi? I think Palm would be in more hot water than it could handle.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
    full universal copy paste
    Funny that you should mention that. I'm finding that I can
    no longer select text in web pages in 1.3.1 at all.
    If I hold Shift and Tap anywhere, I get the yellow "blob" where I tap
    but it doesn't select text or paragraphs or anything if I drag
    or tap elsewhere. Sometimes I see 2 little tiny blue arrows in the
    upper left corner after I shift tap (2 of 4 pointing all four directions I
    suspect), but that's it. They go away when I tap again.
    Maybe there's some new technique I'm missing.
    EDIT - problem seems to have gone away after restarting browser.

1.3.1 does feel more responsive overall though. I think they
    improved the garbage collection. I'm not seeing the long pauses
    I used to see in Photo app, Camera app, even the paid Air Hockey
    game doesn't pause every few seconds like it used to.
    They finally fixed the battery suck while paused bug in the streaming
    audio API (most folks noticed it in Pandora).

ian
    Last edited by Daemon; 11/14/2009 at 07:46 PM.
    Nope. It's better than at launch but it still feels like a beta OS. It's obvious the hardware was launched before the OS was ready.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Do you mean if they released the Pre now instead of the Pixi? I think Palm would be in more hot water than it could handle.
    no, i mean if they released it in June with the updates you have now

wow, still feels like a beta OS mostly?? bummer, now to play the waiting game again....
    (\__/)
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    They rush fixes and don't think and test them through.
    So there's one group of people who think Palm is MOVING TOO SLOWLY!!!! PALM!!!!

And apparently, there's another group who thinks that Palm is moving too quickly.

Fascinating.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    So there's one group of people who think Palm is MOVING TOO SLOWLY!!!! PALM!!!!

And apparently, there's another group who thinks that Palm is moving too quickly.

Fascinating.
    so the answer might be something in the middle. Even though people are not completely satisfied, I'm surprised that with their limited resources, Palm has been able to update missing features this frequently. There are still some big gaps (speed, quality apps, responsiveness, etc) but (if Palm survives until June 2010), these can all be taken care of in R2.0 and new HW.

I'm trying to be bullish as I want Palm to succeed. But it won't be easy.
    Last edited by Really mobile; 11/14/2009 at 11:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I am very happy with 1.3.1, and to me, it really feels like the phone has a much more finished/polished OS. many of the weird glitches and slowdowns seem to have been fixed, especially with the camera and music app.
    I wish they would just take all the patches and make them part of the Pre in the next update with a toggle on/off in a settings menu. HOW HARD WOULD THAT BE?!?!?!
    Like that we can now forward messages. Would be nice if it would play animated gifs in a message. Any chance that may happen ?

Joe
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burke031 View Post
    Like that we can now forward messages. Would be nice if it would play animated gifs in a message. Any chance that may happen ?

Joe
    Sprint doesn't really support them. They tend to contain malicious files.
    WebOS is still in its infancy (1.x). i think we will see WebOS come into its own when 2.0 hits. I would say that we are still a little ways away from that (maybe somewhere around June 2010).

I'm lovin the ride, though.

Its exciting to watch it's growth and maturity.
    Last edited by max.swell; 11/14/2009 at 09:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Its good that it has ym now...thats all i want...but im still not satisfied because i feel that my pre become more slower
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast