Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    So there's one group of people who think Palm is MOVING TOO SLOWLY!!!! PALM!!!!

And apparently, there's another group who thinks that Palm is moving too quickly.

Fascinating.
    I look at a particular fix in terms of impact on user experience. I also expect a fix to be free of unwanted side effects.

They added Yahoo to Synergy but users are getting login errors. How did this pass any rudimentary testing at Palm?

They obviously changed something in the sensitivity of the browser to taps on links. I don't know what was the purpose, but I know that there are certain links on the mobile version of PreCentral that are nearly impossible tap on. Again, how did this pass testing and judged usable? And I'd like to know the same regarding changes in 1.2: enabling diagonal scrolling and changing capitalization in form text fields (including textarea). How did those pass testing?

I don't think Palm tests their changes. They're busy with other stuff and are just throwing those quickies out.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    And I'd like to know the same regarding changes in 1.2: enabling diagonal scrolling and changing capitalization in form text fields (including textarea). How did those pass testing?
    Personally I'm very grateful that they did away with the
    auto cap feature on the start of every new line in web text fields.
    I like to format the width of my posts myself and having to hit
    backspace to undo that damn auto-cap on every line was
    driving me nuts. I'm sure the change was deliberate,
    and tested. I'd like to see it elsewhere.

BTW, for whatever it's worth I haven't seen any links on precentral
    that are impossible to click on in 1.3.1, although some
    that require that you zoom in a bit further to get em.

ian
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12