Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1. mogo's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
       #1  
    My Pre started acting crazy a couple of weeks ago. So I took it into the Sprint store. They had to redo do a hard reset and I had to start fresh and reload my Pre profile. Good news is that the "cloud" worked and just about everything came back. The bad news is that while my patches continued to work, Preware no longer recognized them as installed. So if I open up Preware it says that I have no patches installed and if I open a patch that I have installed Preware doesn't give me a "remove" option only the "install" option. Web OS Quick install doesn't recognize them either.

    I can't download WebOS 1.3.1 until I remove these patches but I'm stuck in limbo and can't remove them.

    HELP!!!!!
  2. #2  
    try running the emergency recovery patch and restart(Luna) and see if patches still exist.
  3. mogo's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
       #3  
    bythe way, when I try to do the Emergency Patch Recovery (PreLoad) as some other threads suggest it fails and doesn not load... :0(
  4. #4  
    You can do WebOS Repair Utility and just have it overwrite all the modified files so all the "damage" done by the patches won't exist.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mogo View Post
    bythe way, when I try to do the Emergency Patch Recovery (PreLoad) as some other threads suggest it fails and doesn not load... :0(
    You should use Preware to run the Emergency Patch Recovery tool (and anything else you want to do on the Pre).

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. ajk511's Avatar
    Posts
    116 Posts
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    #6  
    I don't know why but I cannot find EPR in preware. I know it was there, little ambulance icon and everything. But it isn't there now.....
    Pre
    ppcgeeks.com ---- ajk511
  7. swtoombs's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ajk511 View Post
    I don't know why but I cannot find EPR in preware. I know it was there, little ambulance icon and everything. But it isn't there now.....
    search for it in the list of everything
  8. mflauer's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #8  
    Same thing happened to me. Did everything you tried. I finally had to do a full web doctor restore.
  9. mogo's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
       #9  
    I'll try the WebOS Repair Utility when i get home (at work now)


    And when I search under everything in PREWARE for "emergency" the Emergency Patch Recovery does not come up ... it finds 2 patches and that's it "move emergency call" and "limited emergency button"
  10. #10  
    I doesn't come up on anything. Just go to Patches-All Patches and find it. It have a White square icon with an ambulance in it.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  11. #11  
    Do I need to remove the Preware app before I do the update to 1.3.1? I already removed all my patches?
  12. mflauer's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    You can do WebOS Repair Utility and just have it overwrite all the modified files so all the "damage" done by the patches won't exist.
    where is WebOS Repair Utility?
  13. blz2's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mflauer View Post
    where is WebOS Repair Utility?
    http://www.precentral.net/webos-repa...ew-best-friend
  14. mflauer's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #14  
    Thank's, but I already updated to 1-3.1. I have been able to reinstall my patches with quick-install and all seems ok for now
  15. mflauer's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #15  
    I'll wait for the updated WebOS Repair Utility if I run into any problems.
  16. cas_esq's Avatar
    Posts
    618 Posts
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by sascher18 View Post
    Do I need to remove the Preware app before I do the update to 1.3.1? I already removed all my patches?
    You don't have to remove apps or services before updating.
  17. mflauer's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    You don't have to remove apps or services before updating.
    Unfortunately I read the 1.3.1 install instructions here before installing the update and ran the Emergency patch removal and then couldn't reinstall any using Preware. I've been able to redo most using Web OS QuickInstall but not all of them because of error messages.
  18. cas_esq's Avatar
    Posts
    618 Posts
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by mflauer View Post
    Unfortunately I read the 1.3.1 install instructions here before installing the update and ran the Emergency patch removal and then couldn't reinstall any using Preware. I've been able to redo most using Web OS QuickInstall but not all of them because of error messages.
    I don't understand. It sounds like you did the right thing (removing all of your patches before the update). If you're having problems using Preware now, I think it's a separate issue. But you should have removed all of our patches; that is definitely the best practice.
  19. mflauer's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #19  
    Removed all patches before update. Preware works for all except for previously installed patches unless I was able to reinstall by WebOS QuickInstall by USB.
  20. cas_esq's Avatar
    Posts
    618 Posts
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by mflauer View Post
    Removed all patches before update. Preware works for all except for previously installed patches unless I was able to reinstall by WebOS QuickInstall by USB.
    If you can't reinstall the patches using Preware, it still thinks you have them. This may cause a problem eventually . . . or not. If problems crop up, you would be advised to clear out any broken patches with the WebOS Repair Utility once it's up for 1.3.1. If QI is working for you, great. Just keep this in mind.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions