Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    I have a German O2 GSM Pre with the Sprint WebOS version 1.2.1. Since this morning the devices notifies me about the available 1.3.1. update, but everytime I try to upgrade, it fails with the "cant validate update" error after downloading.

    Is an OTA update of a German Pre with Sprint firmware not possible?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by cschleiden View Post
    I have a German O2 GSM Pre with the Sprint WebOS version 1.2.1. Since this morning the devices notifies me about the available 1.3.1. update, but everytime I try to upgrade, it fails with the "cant validate update" error after downloading.

    Is an OTA update of a German Pre with Sprint firmware not possible?
    I updated my german pre from 1.2.1 sprint to 1.3.1
  3. #3  
    Same, GSM UK pre with 1.3.1 all fine here.
  4. #4  
    any of you had problems using google maps after flashing with the sprint OS?
  5. Jimbode's Avatar
    Posts
    424 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    #5  
    Initially yes. Critical memory problem telling me to close cards when I only had the Google Maps open. After a reboot it was OK though.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    Initially yes. Critical memory problem telling me to close cards when I only had the Google Maps open. After a reboot it was OK though.
    Hmm...

    My Pre just dont load the map and says my location. I dont know what's the matter with it.
  7. deadsoul's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #7  
    mine says phone offline????
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    Hmm...

    My Pre just dont load the map and says my location. I dont know what's the matter with it.
    When i first flashed 1.2.1 it didnt for me either. you have to go to Location Services, click on the preferences menu , then click locate me using , click "Google services". It will show you a terms of conditions and you have to accept them. Then restart your google maps, and now it will locate you!
    Chander
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by deadsoul View Post
    mine says phone offline????
    Restart phone and it will work , happened once to me yesterday , did that and it works again !
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by chander View Post
    When i first flashed 1.2.1 it didnt for me either. you have to go to Location Services, click on the preferences menu , then click locate me using , click "Google services". It will show you a terms of conditions and you have to accept them. Then restart your google maps, and now it will locate you!
    Chander
    It worked! Thanks!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    It worked! Thanks!
    You are always welcome

    Chander!
  12. #12  
    I have a German Pre with Sprint firmware 1.2.1 too, but when I launch the Updater app, it keeps telling "checking for updates".... am I the only one with this issue? Should I worry?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by baldiprise View Post
    I have a German Pre with Sprint firmware 1.2.1 too, but when I launch the Updater app, it keeps telling "checking for updates".... am I the only one with this issue? Should I worry?
    Hi ,
    when it finishes checking for updates what does it tell you ? It should tell you that a new update 1.3.1 is available ?

    Waiting for your answer,
    Chander
  14. #14  
    Hi Chander,
    the problem is that it goes on checking indefinitely! I have been waiting for more than 20', with no results. Maybe it's because the Updater server is too busy?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by baldiprise View Post
    Hi Chander,
    the problem is that it goes on checking indefinitely! I have been waiting for more than 20', with no results. Maybe it's because the Updater server is too busy?
    Are you looking for updates over 3G or wifi? Try rebooting your phone and connecting via wifi and see if that makes a difference.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Are you looking for updates over 3G or wifi? Try rebooting your phone and connecting via wifi and see if that makes a difference.
    I tried both, will try again via wifi tonight (I have no wifi here). Rebooted the Pre but it made no difference either.
    EDIT - I got the update notification! Seems like it was a temporary issue....
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by baldiprise View Post
    - I got the update notification! Seems like it was a temporary issue....
    have fun . Please remeber to uninstall themes and patches before the update!

    Chander
  18. #18  
    I use an German Pre and sitched to the Sprint-Firmware (by using the Pank-Button in HJombrew-section) How can I switch back from Sprint- to the O2-Firmware?
    Herbert

Posting Permissions