Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    what is the path to the preferences menu to edit APN....... i am not able to see it anywhere ..... sorry.. this is my second day on pre

edit: No worries.... found it....digging deep
    Last edited by chowdarygm; 11/19/2009 at 12:59 PM.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Are you sure rebel impersonates another provider? I don't think it does, because the Pre says I'm on vodafone NL, which I am. In 1.3.1 it recognizes vodafone NL for calling, but when I change vodafone in the db (like I did with 1.2) data doesn't start working like with 1.2.

BTW, I'm Cheeky on GoT, so we won't have the same conversation on two boards..
    You might get more response form the supersim/rebel threads.
    Anyone got a solution to the "Unable to write settings" in the APN ?
    Help! I have the same problem!
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Same thing here... Seems nothing works, It dosen't save any settings
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I have the same problem ("Unable to Write Settings.") with 3 Denmark
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    The whole thing seems broken to begin with. I wonder why they even put it in there..

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...-1-3-1-uk.html
    It works well in Norway, with Telenor Sim.

Both data, eg 3G, and MMS. Just needs to get the correct settings in there (in Norway, at least)

Regards,Anders Holt
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    YES! I got mine to work again with 3 Denmark. What i did was:

1. I ran the newest WebOSDoctor and did a complete reset of my phone
    2. Logged in to my palm profile with another sim (CBB Denmark)
    3. When everything was synced back to the phone, I located my old "CarrierNetworkSettings.db3" with the changes for 3 Denmark in it, and copied it to "/usr/lib/luna/" and "/var/luna/data/" using WebOS Quick Install.
    4. Did a restart of my phone
    5. Bingo! everything worked again

I'm not sure that you have to do a complete reset like I did. I only did that because i did not have the old "CarrierNetworkSettings.db3" file at first, and thought that a reset might do the trick, letting me edit the APN myself. That obviously didn't work.
    That sounds so good !!!
    Can u mail me the CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 please ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie View Post
    YES! I got mine to work again with 3 Denmark. What i did was:

1. I ran the newest WebOSDoctor and did a complete reset of my phone
    2. Logged in to my palm profile with another sim (CBB Denmark)
    3. When everything was synced back to the phone, I located my old "CarrierNetworkSettings.db3" with the changes for 3 Denmark in it, and copied it to "/usr/lib/luna/" and "/var/luna/data/" using WebOS Quick Install.
    4. Did a restart of my phone
    5. Bingo! everything worked again

I'm not sure that you have to do a complete reset like I did. I only did that because i did not have the old "CarrierNetworkSettings.db3" file at first, and thought that a reset might do the trick, letting me edit the APN myself. That obviously didn't work.
    Sent you a PM with my email if you dont mind sharing the Carrier file.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jvvpc View Post
    That sounds so good !!!
    Can u mail me the CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 please ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuborgmann View Post
    Sent you a PM with my email if you dont mind sharing the Carrier file.
    Sure thing. I got the File from hotdp, credit goes to him

I have attached the file to this post.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Fedt !!

Thank you !

EDIT: okay, installed file u uploaded and I think it works as I now can change the APN settings as ur supposed to do. Didnt do a reset but why is it roaming icon still there and how do i know i got 3G connection ?
    Last edited by jvvpc; 11/23/2009 at 12:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    BTW: This is how you replace the file on your phone.
    1. Download WebOSQuickInstall
    2. Put you phone in Dev mode (type: upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart, hit DevMode, Restart)
    3. Attach USB cable, select "Just Charge"
    4. Open WebOS Quickinstall
    5. Select Tools -> Recieve File, and type: "/usr/lib/luna/CarrierNetworkSettings.db3" in File. Select a location for the backup and hit "Get From Device". (Just to be safe )
    6. Select Tools -> Send File. Browse to your modified CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 file. Type "/usr/lib/luna/" and hit "Send to Device!"
    7. Do the same procedure again. Select Tools -> Send File. Browse to your modified CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 file. Type "/var/luna/data/" and hit "Send to Device!"
    8. Restart

Credit goes to Der Jens For this information

15.    #35  
    For some manual settings seems to work. Mine worked right after updating to 3.1.1 GSM/ Sprint. We could try to find out more details about success/problem situations if people would share some details.
    - My provider is Tmobile-NL
    - Tmobile-NL is in the carrier database
    - German GSM, unlocked running Sprint
    - Tmobile Sim
    - Data settings for tmobile in carrier DB are wrong

For this situation the manual settings in phone prefs in 3.1 does work
    BTW there is a posting that mentions that manual settings is available during activation under 3.1.1.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    For some manual settings seems to work. Mine worked right after updating to 3.1.1 GSM/ Sprint. We could try to find out more details about success/problem situations if people would share some details.
    - My provider is Tmobile-NL
    - Tmobile-NL is in the carrier database
    - German GSM, unlocked running Sprint
    - Tmobile Sim
    - Data settings for tmobile in carrier DB are wrong

For this situation the manual settings in phone prefs in 3.1 does work
    BTW there is a posting that mentions that manual settings is available during activation under 3.1.1.
    The first thing I tried after the update to 1.3.1 was to manually change the APN settings in the phone app (under Prefs -> Network -> Manual Settings). But every time I tried to save these settings, I got an "Unable to Write Settings" error - no matter what. And I know my settings were correct.

So I tried to reset my phone with WebOS Doctor after which I again tried to change the APN settings - during the profile activation process (Yes, you can indeed change these settings here). But I still got the same error.

So for now the only thing that works for me is the CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 "hack".
    BTW: This is how you replace the file on your phone.
    1. Download WebOSQuickInstall
    2. Put you phone in Dev mode (type: upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart, hit DevMode, Restart)
    3. Attach USB cable, select "Just Charge"
    4. Open WebOS Quickinstall
    5. Select Tools -> Recieve File, and type: "/usr/lib/luna/CarrierNetworkSettings.db3" in File. Select a location for the backup and hit "Get From Device". (Just to be safe )
    6. Select Tools -> Send File. Browse to your modified CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 file. Type "/usr/lib/luna/" and hit "Send to Device!"
    7. Do the same procedure again. Select Tools -> Send File. Browse to your modified CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 file. Type "/var/luna/data/" and hit "Send to Device!"
    8. Restart

Credit goes to Der Jens For this information

I'm using german unlocked 1.3.1
    I cannot put my device in dev mode - have no registered profile at all and manual setup the apn does not work for me either ... any ideas?
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Is it possible the new webos can't handle dots in the APN address? Like live.vodafone.com ?
    How can it be this dosent fix normal GPRS ?
    Sure thing. I got the File from hotdp, credit goes to him

I have attached the file to this post.

Thanks hotdp and Trekkie
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast