Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Espeically when tapping on links, you have to tap and hold longer for it to register. Annoying.
    Can't say that I have noticed the same thing. My Pre acts the same it did before the update, maybe even a little faster. I think the scrolling through contacts is quite a bit smoother, with the occassional pause still present. But screen taps are the same for me.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Espeically when tapping on links, you have to tap and hold longer for it to register. Annoying.
    yea i've been noticing this, just when i was used to the tap method...
    I'm having the same issue.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    glad it's not just me. And why the heck doesn't my first sentence start with a capital letter?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    glad it's not just me. And why the heck doesn't my first sentence start with a capital letter?
    capitalization broke in 1.2.1
    Ok...I am not getting it. You click on a tap, and you have to hold it down for a while for it to work? Mine doesn't do that.
    this tap thing is ****ing me off. How do I revert to 1.2.1?
    webos doctor should do the trick. This can be found where webos install is in homebrew.
    In 1.2.1 they "fixed" the browser so that on forms, the first letter is not capitalized. It's actually proper function for a full browser, but does take getting used to after a few months of having it the other way.
    I have to say I like it. It will take getting used to, but it should cut down accidentally clicking liks whem trying to zoom or navigate pages.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    I have to say I like it. It will take getting used to, but it should cut down accidentally clicking liks whem trying to zoom or navigate pages.
    true. At first I was kind of bothered by having to hold click, but I agree this is the proper way to avoid all the accidental clicks I always make
    yeah I hated when I load up a web page and start to scroll I actually click a link and have to wait for that to load and go back to the page I was on. Good job Palm
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I am not seeing this behavior. My screen taps are just like before.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    it the first thing I noticed. I'm about to toss my phone out the window...
    I was just setting up some alerts for the Hawkeyes game on ESPN mobile and noticed the same thing. It's bad too. Seems to be a problem mostly for web browsing for me.
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    See the same thing here, it's extremely annoying. Seriously, if Apple can figure out how to ignore stray taps without crippling the real ones, Palm should be able to also. It's no longer a tap when you have to hold down on it (in fact, that's a second type of tap, similar to right-click, on the iPhone).
    The first thing I noticed after the update was sometimes my taps seemed to be ignored sometimes. Almost sounds like the screen isn't as sensitive as before the update.
    its hit or miss, but when it misses it is highly vexing for sure
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Hit or miss sums it up for me as well. I finially got really good with big fingers, but tapping is different in the browser now. It doesn't seem like it has to be longer, but that positioning and/or sensitivity has changed a bit and maybe changes with duration of the tap/hold...

Anyways, I hope it becomes second nature again soon.
    Mine's doing it too. I can see the logic behind this "feature" (provided they did this on purpose, and not by accident), but it's gonna take some getting used to.

Regards,
    Adam

PS - I just want my "close slider to end calls" patch back (can't find it anywhere...).
    Sony: NR70, NX80
    Palm: III, V, Vx, IIIc, m505, LifeDrive, Treo 700p, Palm Pre
    Android: HTC Evo 4G
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast