Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    It's 100x more annoying to me since I have an abscessed tooth and can't get to dentist till monday!!!!!! clicking links twice is REALLY irritating... Maybe if I smash the phone on my nose it will make me forget about the tooth pain...
    LOL

I only notice the problem when im tryin to click on smaller links bt since im new to the pre i cant tell if that problem existed before
    I've noticed it too...ugh! It really is a pain.
    I'm having this problem after the update too. I had to leave my room and log on to the pc because I couldn't get to the second page of a post here on precentral.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    very annoying. Almost as if the damn thing is waiting for me to double tap...
    yeah getting pretty annoyed when this happens to me. almost lost it and spiked my pre
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    i actually believe you have to tap lighter in 1.3.1... i was having this annoying issue and was told that a longer tap was necessary. but i stll had issues with that. my tap on the link was recognized, as it was highlighted, but it wouldn't activate. the lighter i tap the better response i have gotten
    Glad I came across this thread. Sorry to hear alot of others are having this same problem, but, glad its not just me.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    i actually believe you have to tap lighter in 1.3.1... i was having this annoying issue and was told that a longer tap was necessary. but i stll had issues with that. my tap on the link was recognized, as it was highlighted, but it wouldn't activate. the lighter i tap the better response i have gotten
    There's no way for the screen to detect how much pressure you're using. It's all in your head :P
  10.    #70  
    Ironically it does seem that PreCentral is most affected by this. It's like a prank.

But I've occasionally experienced it also in Google Reader and the mobile edition of the NYT.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Same problems here. I'm having to triple, quadruple, & sometimes even octomom weblinks. And hard presses don't do nuthin. No, I can't see how this could have been an intentional thing because I'm going to more inadvertent links than ever before!
    Palm, HELP !!!
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    +72
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    same problem
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Ironically it does seem that PreCentral is most affected by this. It's like a prank.

But I've occasionally experienced it also in Google Reader and the mobile edition of the NYT.
    Nay, I get this on every single website I go to. Sherdog, Google, Reddit, Gmail, everywhere.
    i clicked on a damn link eight times last night, wanted to punch a wall
    sane here. Sometimes repeated jey presses will have no effect and i'll haave to go to another page. I have also been unable to send email from gmaik account. Clicking the send icon has no effect
    This problem is noticeably worse on PreCentral, but the problem is not PreCentral, it is the Pre (ever since 1.3.1). I just dusted off my iTouch, went to PreCentral...and it's night & day! Tap a link...any link...even the small numbers at the bottom...and a new page loads! First try everytime. (Judging by the last PalmCast, none of them even use the Pre anymore, so they probably don't even realize).

O' & the browser now scores on the acid3 benchmarking test...OK? Great...how the hell did that improve the browser? Why does my Browser suck now?
    There has got to be a setting to fix this in the browser.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    It would be nice to get a response from PreCentral on this. I've found that if I hit the link higher than usual I get a better percentage of success.

Besides this annoying quirk, I'm sure eager for that new engineer to get us access to the gpu. Browsing on this thing is painful. Remember 9600 Baud modems? Hah
    Here's what I've discovered: If it wants to be sure it goes to the link you want (if you click on a link that's near another link or that is very small), it highlights it once to show you which one it has picked. If that's the correct link, tap it again and it will take you to that link. If it is sure of which link you want, it goes there on the first tap.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast