Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I'm absolutely LOVING the 1.3.1 update!!! However, I have not been able to add a single patch yet!

Any luck from any of you??? Post which patches you CAN get to work if you find one!!!

Palm -GREAT UPDATE!!!!!!

....the error msg in the IPKG Log is:
    wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
    I was able to install 22 different patches fine as of an hour and a half ago.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    ok...so....which ones??
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    OK...it appears you need to REFRESH the feeds for Preware AFTER the update -it then seems to adjust for the WebOS version you are running! I am having better luck now...on a few so far, anyway...
    Same problem here...and i updated the Feeds. Still can't install any patches. Which ones were you all successful with?
    be sure you update feeds under preferences first.. works fine
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I was able to install everything on the list [http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...l#post1944821]] except landscape email.

EDIT: That didnt' come out right. I didn't install everything; I installed 32 patches from the list (and 2 not on the list) successfully with the exception of landscape email. That's better.
    Last edited by cas_esq; 11/14/2009 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Clarification
    does anyone know why my phone says its up to date when everybody else can update. i am in america so it should work
    my phone keeps turning back on every time i put it on hold to turn the lights off...anybody with that problem
    Last edited by clervil05; 11/14/2009 at 03:40 AM. Reason: mines updated with bugs
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    I was able to install everything on the list [http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...l#post1944821]] except landscape email.

EDIT: That didnt' come out right. I didn't install everything; I installed 32 patches from the list (and 2 not on the list) successfully with the exception of landscape email. That's better.
    I had the same problem with Landscape email... That's the only patch that I had before the update that won't let me reinstall it. I got all of my other patches installed (minus the delete email and text forwarding since they're now native on the Pre).
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    landscape email is the only one listed that wont install. I had about 4 that were not even listed as compatible yet.
    Anyone know if virtual keyboard is working fine on the 1.3.1 update?
    There are 92 patches available for 1.3.1 at release. I think that's a pretty good job for day 0.

The Virtual Keyboard is not one of them, which is quite reasonable because it's by far the largest patch in existence.

Make sure you restart Preware and update your feeds after the OTA update to get the 1.3.1 patches feed.

Follow @webosinternals on twitter for other 1.3.1 news.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I use RocknRollHax for email landscape and it works fine.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Landscape Email patch sucessfully installed for me
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I didn't uninstall the patches before I updated and now preware gives me a ipkg error when I try to remove a patch. Any ideads around this that doesn't involve webosdoctor?
    Excuse my ignorance, but how do you "update your feeds" after the OTA update and retarting Preware? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    how do you refresh the feeds?
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by f1nzup View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but how do you "update your feeds" after the OTA update and retarting Preware? Thanks!
    In Preware, go to menu in upper left, and it's an option. (Ignorance excused. )

Quote Originally Posted by skinsfan View Post
    Landscape Email patch sucessfully installed for me
    Ditto.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
    I didn't uninstall the patches before I updated and now preware gives me a ipkg error when I try to remove a patch. Any ideads around this that doesn't involve webosdoctor?
    If you installed all your patches using Preware, then just use the Emergency Patch Recovery tool.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast