Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by stacitruby425 View Post
    okay i update the feeds but no feeds even show up. i have downloaded 9.8 preware...i don't know if that changes anything! Please help me. I loved the patches i had but now i want them back! thanks
    1) Reboot your Pre
    2) Start Preware and check that the webos-feeds URL in the Manage Feeds page is pointing to Index of /feeds/webos-patches/1.3.1
    3) Update the feeds

Also, make sure you used the official installation instructions to install Preware - you would have installed the Package Manager Service first, cause without that nothing will work.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Most of my patches have uninstalled (with EPR) and reinstalled (after updating the feeds) just fine after the 1.3.1 update. My only issue is the Audio/Video Messaging app. It says that there is an update, but when I click update, it says that in order to continue with the update process, I must first remove, then reinstall the patch. When I'm removing it, I get an error saying that it can't be removed.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    I hope this is the right thread to add some update pains, Rod you seem to have a great handle on this whole thing, which is great for us!
    I updated not following procedure(doh!) and then I started to read this thread. Ran into a majority of what everyone else has going on. Ran the EPR, which worked removing and then I could start adding patches again. However(using preware to add them also)when I went to restart my phone, after hitting the restart and or shutdown tabs, my phone will not restart or shutdown!! I left it on for the last 5 hours hoping that it would recognize the command, but it just stays on the screen for restart/shutdown remove battery/cancel. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Bshara View Post
    I hope this is the right thread to add some update pains, Rod you seem to have a great handle on this whole thing, which is great for us!
    I updated not following procedure(doh!) and then I started to read this thread. Ran into a majority of what everyone else has going on. Ran the EPR, which worked removing and then I could start adding patches again. However(using preware to add them also)when I went to restart my phone, after hitting the restart and or shutdown tabs, my phone will not restart or shutdown!! I left it on for the last 5 hours hoping that it would recognize the command, but it just stays on the screen for restart/shutdown remove battery/cancel. Anyone have any suggestions?
    No idea. Just physically remove the battery - that will shut it down.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    ........Before upgrading to a new webOS, make sure that you remove all patches. The fastest way is install the Emergency Patch Recovery....

OK So I didnt read this first and did the update to webOs and now I'm trying to re-install my patches and theme but it says remove first, and when I do it says cannot uninstall, Im all screwed up, any ideas??? Besides a full wipe???
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewebcrafter View Post
    ........Before upgrading to a new webOS, make sure that you remove all patches. The fastest way is install the Emergency Patch Recovery....

OK So I didnt read this first and did the update to webOs and now I'm trying to re-install my patches and theme but it says remove first, and when I do it says cannot uninstall, Im all screwed up, any ideas??? Besides a full wipe???
    Use the EPR.

-- Rod
    OK I downloaded and installed the EPR now I cant find it....LOL I must be dumb.....
    OK got the EPR to work, Successs!!! Thanks Rod for your help, one more thing the only thing not working is the themes? it just sits there and wont load the available themes??? any ideas??
    Thanks Rod, I did do that, just didnt put it in my post, and of course that will make it reboot, but I am still unable to shut it off with the command. Makes me wonder if it is just me or an issue with the update? Has anyone tried to shut their phone off since the update? I'm sure its just me...... When I install a patch, the phone needs to be restarted for them to work, which is a normal thing I presume, so its pretty much just an inconvenience at this point. I was able to reinstall all the stuff to my liking though, using the pc to restart Luna.
    I can't find the keyboard patch on preware, I only see a obsolete keyboard not the virtual keyboard anybody knw how can I find it
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip34 View Post
    I can't find the keyboard patch on preware, I only see a obsolete keyboard not the virtual keyboard anybody knw how can I find it
    It has not been updated to 1.3.1 yet - it's by far the most complex patch we have, so please be patient.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Bshara View Post
    I was able to reinstall all the stuff to my liking though, using the pc to restart Luna.
    You can use the Luna Manager app to control luna from the device.

-- Rod
    thanks Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    Most of my patches have uninstalled (with EPR) and reinstalled (after updating the feeds) just fine after the 1.3.1 update. My only issue is the Audio/Video Messaging app. It says that there is an update, but when I click update, it says that in order to continue with the update process, I must first remove, then reinstall the patch. When I'm removing it, I get an error saying that it can't be removed.
    This happened to me with the 4x4v1 icon patch. Anybody know where preware keeps cache or previously installed app info? I searched the pre and cannot find anything relating to the one I'm trying to remove...

I fixed it accidentally. After initiating the EPR, I engaged the OTA update. After trying to get rid of the annoying mis-updated patch unsuccessfully, I decided to just add my previous patches back again. After the patches were installed, the 4x4 icon patch still showed an update still. I again tried the 'remove' option, which this time for some reason worked.
    Last edited by wturnerharris; 11/15/2009 at 07:09 PM. Reason: update
    Quote Originally Posted by wturnerharris View Post
    This happened to me with the 4x4v1 icon patch. Anybody know where preware keeps cache or previously installed app info? I searched the pre and cannot find anything relating to the one I'm trying to remove...
    "/usr/bin/ipkg -o /var list_installed"

Make sure you always use the "-o /var" option for any ipkg commands.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod for your help, one more thing the only thing not working is the themes? it just sits there and wont load the available themes??? any ideas??
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewebcrafter View Post
    Thanks Rod for your help, one more thing the only thing not working is the themes? it just sits there and wont load the available themes??? any ideas??
    Use the Feeds filter or the List of Everything until we work out what change in 1.3.1 caused this to no longer work.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Use the Feeds filter or the List of Everything until we work out what change in 1.3.1 caused this to no longer work.

-- Rod
    What about my issue with the Audio/video attachment patch?
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Rod - You're amazing! Thanks for all the help. Everything has worked flawlessly. I uninstalled all patches using EPR, then updated to 1.3.1. All patches are fine except landscape email. I get the same error message as others. "HUNK #1 failed at 38". Curious if you think I need to go WebOS Doctor, or if it's something the Preware team is looking into/ has other recommendations on?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    Preware 0.9.9 has just been released. See http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2042209 for details.

-- Rod
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123