1.    #1  
    Hi,

So this past week my screen has been acting up and I noticed it only worked when it was plugged into the charger. As the days went by I noticed it happened more frequently. Now the touch screen only works when I plug it in and toggle the port up and down, and even then it only works like 10% of the time. Is there a direct correlation between the screen's touch sensor and the usb port on the phone?

Has anybody gone through insurance for the phone yet? Is it $100 deductible? and will the store swap it out the day of? Thanks for all your feedback
    Sounds like a hw failure. There will be no charge for this and you'll get a replacement if they have one in stock, otherwise they'll order one for you (refurbs, usually 2-3 business days or find another store that has them in stock).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3.    #3  
    Thanks! so just go to the store with box and all or just phone is fine?

also is there anyway to back up my files on to my computer without using the touch screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by kosugesan View Post
    Thanks! so just go to the store with box and all or just phone is fine?

also is there anyway to back up my files on to my computer without using the touch screen?
    Your pre auotmatically backs up, you dont have to worry about it. Also, you dont need the box, just take the phone in.
    I had this same exact problem happen to me today. I don't feel like needing to get my phone replaced, but will do it if I have to...
    the same thing is happening to me, are any of you using my tether. this started happening after i started messing with that.
    No it's hardware related - not software.

My phone needed to be replaced.
    Yep mine died last night. Exactly like this. Hopefully new phone will be in tomorrow morning, worst case is I have to walk around with the USB plugged in for the phone to work for an extra day...