1.    #1  
    It has been a BAD night ..

I dropped my Pre when getting out of the car and then proceeded to step on it (face down on the concrete driveway).

It's scratched all to hell but otherwise seems fine.

Any reason I can't get a replacement on insurance for cosmetic reasons even though the phone works?

Is the Sprint store likely to have one in stock and do a swap on site or do I have to call and make a claim?

I have the $7/month insurance.

Sympathy and words of advice are greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrreed View Post
    It has been a BAD night ..

I dropped my Pre when getting out of the car and then proceeded to step on it (face down on the concrete driveway).

It's scratched all to hell but otherwise seems fine.

Any reason I can't get a replacement on insurance for cosmetic reasons even though the phone works?

Is the Sprint store likely to have one in stock and do a swap on site or do I have to call and make a claim?

I have the $7/month insurance.

Sympathy and words of advice are greatly appreciated.
    you have physically damaged your phone and will have to make a claim with asurion. $100 deductible. Get a case for your phone brah and be careful. Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    you have physically damaged your phone and will have to make a claim with asurion. $100 deductible. Get a case for your phone brah and be careful. Good luck
    This is not always the case. Before you call Asurion, go to a Sprint repair center. My experience has been that anything except water damage or stolen, they will work with you to avoid the deductible, and replace in-store.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    they will only replace your phone at the store if it is a normal physical damage, but not if u abuse your phone. so you would have to call asurion and come out the pockets that $100 sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by pmpdaddyt View Post
    they will only replace your phone at the store if it is a normal physical damage, but not if u abuse your phone. so you would have to call asurion and come out the pockets that $100 sorry
    Sorry, I'm going to have to disagree. I've had two Centro's with broken screens replaced with no issue. On one, they replaced it with another Centro. The next time (which was the replacement Centro), I told them that possibly the Centro wasn't sturdy enough for me, and could I possibly go back to a 755P. They had to get a manager to approve, but they did it.

Bottom line, they're not required to, but you'll find if they're approached with the right attitude, they will frequently go the extra mile. It was at that center that they said they can usually work with someone if it's not submersion damage, or stolen.