Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52
  1. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
       #1  
    I spoke too early. Somehow my it updated 1.2 Sprint to 1.3.1 Sprint, while it wanted to downgrade to 1.1.3 earlier. My bad.. Sorry guys.

    Just saw the 1.3.1 thread on the general Pre forum. But guess what!? Europe too! No waiting, no 1.1.3, 1.3.1, downloading now, 136mb.

    Thumbs up for the worldwide update Palm!
    Last edited by bruba; 11/14/2009 at 12:28 AM.
  2. diggedy's Avatar
    Posts
    246 Posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    #2  
    sweeeet! im reflashing 1.1.3 now to make sure all goes well
  3. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
       #3  
    Sorry, I hope a mod can delete this topic. Don't want to make the kids happy while it isn't out. Or is it?
  4. diggedy's Avatar
    Posts
    246 Posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    #4  
    no your correct. when reflashing to 1.1.3 it says my phone is up to date
  5. #5  
    As of 9am 14th november, there is NO update for the UK lot
  6. Jimbode's Avatar
    Posts
    424 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    #6  
    I've done the Sprint 1.2.1 update to my UK GSM Pre and it says the Sprint 1.3.1 update is available. Currently installing, see how it goes.
  7. Jimbode's Avatar
    Posts
    424 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    #7  
    After a quick play, to be expected, App Catalogue (or Catalog) not available.
  8. #8  
    Ah ok. I'm still using the standard palm pre firmware (1.13) which is still the lastest
  9. #9  
    hi jimbode,

    I am uninstalling my patches and theme as we speak to update my GSM German pre to 1.3.1 . Have you tried this ? --> http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...-firmware.html to get ur appcatalog back . please also let me know if it works. It worked like a charm for me with 1.2.1
    Chander !
  10. #10  
    Same here in Spain! We are still waiting for the so famous 1.3.1 version.
  11. #11  
    I have 1.3.1 on my UK Pre =D
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    After a quick play, to be expected, App Catalogue (or Catalog) not available.
    I did the instrcutions on "how i restored app catalog" and all is well, going to go light for a while till the official 1.3.1 GSM update but all seems well so far =)
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    I did the instrcutions on "how i restored app catalog" and all is well, going to go light for a while till the official 1.3.1 GSM update but all seems well so far =)
    could you tell me a few things about the new update

    is it faster than the old poo 1.1.3?
    can you have sms drafts? for example i type a looong sms, but dont want to send it yet, so i press back (1.1.3 the sms just disappears!).

    vcards work? (or at least bluetooth file transfers).

    OH and can you EDIT forward messages, say i want to forward a message but want to edit a few things out, in 1.1.3 i cant do that!

    anything else worth mentioning?
    thanks
  14. #14  
    I have the German Palm Pre and I checked if the update is available and it is not.

    I have 1.13 and it says my software is up to date.

    Any guys with German Palm Pre managed to get the update?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by MCube View Post
    I have the German Palm Pre and I checked if the update is available and it is not.

    I have 1.13 and it says my software is up to date.

    Any guys with German Palm Pre managed to get the update?
    Guten Tag,

    I am also from Germany and using a German pre, I installed 1.2.1 using Sprint Webos doctor Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    and today it showed automatically that 1.3.1 is available and i could do an over the air update.

    So to conclude, first you should flash your phone with 1.2.1 and then you will get 1.3.1 automatically.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    could you tell me a few things about the new update

    is it faster than the old poo 1.1.3?
    can you have sms drafts? for example i type a looong sms, but dont want to send it yet, so i press back (1.1.3 the sms just disappears!).

    vcards work? (or at least bluetooth file transfers).

    OH and can you EDIT forward messages, say i want to forward a message but want to edit a few things out, in 1.1.3 i cant do that!

    anything else worth mentioning?
    thanks
    Much faster, 1.2.1 was faster than 1.1.3, and 1.3.1 is 'slightly' faster than 1.2.1, plus coupled with a few patches which optimize performance its great .

    You might want to check the changelog for 1.2.1 and 1.3.1 as thats what youre looking for: Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Software update information for Palm Pre Sprint p100eww
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by chander View Post
    So to conclude, first you should flash your phone with 1.2.1 and then you will get 1.3.1 automatically.
    is and will this the only way to get 1.3.1?
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    is and will this the only way to get 1.3.1?
    you can just wait till the end of this month for it to officially come to your gsm pre
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    is and will this the only way to get 1.3.1?
    ya as of now, it is the only way . Otherwise you have to wait till the 1.3.1 is officially released in Germany. When that is done then with the 1.1.3 you will get a notification that an update 1.3.1 is available. But I think that will happen only in the end of November, so maybe you have to wait another two to three weeks.

    But this is pretty easy to flash your pre, if you have any further questions regarding flashing 1.2.1 or about getting 1.3.1 please post it here and I will answer them immediately ,

    Chander
  20. #20  
    Why is the official update for German Palm Pre at the end of November? Will they have some special things included in the German update? It could have made things easilier if all Palm Pre phones got the update the same day.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions