Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MCube View Post
    Why is the official update for German Palm Pre at the end of November? Will they have some special things included in the German update? It could have made things easilier if all Palm Pre phones got the update the same day.
    I suspect they stagger it so that the Palm servers arent over taxed with everyone downloading at the same time.

Gx
    Why?
    Because Palm coughs to Europe! While all said that "Europe is important for him, but it is not true.
    Evidence is bad firmware 1.1.3, there is no SIM Toolkit !!!!, the App Catalog can not buy, can change the APN, and so on ...
    Quote Originally Posted by MCube View Post
    Why is the official update for German Palm Pre at the end of November? Will they have some special things included in the German update? It could have made things easilier if all Palm Pre phones got the update the same day.

server hit : As you can see this forums , and preware.org is very busy today.Although palm can easily mange this by placing several servers in Europe like Google for example. I dont know if palm has done that .

Special things : You have mentioned about special things, but I personally find sprint has tonnes of special apps, like sprint tv, navigation and so on , while in our german version nothing is there . But on the otherhand, if the American version has bugs, they can uses this 2 or 3 weeks to fix it in our german version.

Still I have an Apple Ipod Touch, and having it for more than 2 years now. IF apple can deliver it on the same day world wide, I wonder whats up with palm. I hope some palm insider can shed a light for the delay because this delay is paining tonnes of European customers.

Chander
    Also as per wikipedia PALM has 939 Employess, whereas Apple has 35,000 and google has 19,665. So PALM is a relatively small company as compared with the other Giants in this field, so with less resources we have to accept some delays and we have to live with it . That's why they have'nt even released the pre in another big Market the Asia - Pacific.

Chander
    Last edited by chander; 11/14/2009 at 11:08 AM.
    I will update my Sprint firmware later on tonight. I do not have time to remove all of the patches (etc) before I leave this evening. I do have a quick question though. Does QI keep track of your tweaking locally or does the Pre provide the information each time you connect? I left my laptop at home and wanted to know if all I had to do was install QI to this computer and carry on as normal.

EDIT: I finally read the main 1.3.1 thread. You can ignore the above.
    Last edited by Teso Dos Bichos; 11/14/2009 at 11:43 AM.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    It seems to me they still need some time to get the app catalogue updated for the Euro. I can imagine it needs quite a bit of background work. Thats' probably also why we didn't get 1.2.
    1.3 launching at the end of november on GSM and the app store out of beta in december seems to support this.
    Looking forward to it!
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    i am from scotland on o2 network and updated from 1.1.3 to1.3.1 this morn and has definately gave my pre a much needed boost as well as forwarding.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    i am from scotland on o2 network and updated from 1.1.3 to1.3.1 this morn and has definately gave my pre a much needed boost as well as forwarding.
    Are you saying that you got an over the air download of 1.3.1 without having the Sprint 1.2.1 or whatever on your device? If that is the case, there is hope that the rest of us on O2 will get the update in the next day or so.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    yes do tell matey, was this a sprint upgrade or is it the gsm upgrade
    right this is very confusing because the thread below says that EU will get 1.3.1 and of the month so has eu got 1.3.1 now or is this just for slashed to sprint phones?
    UK PRE USER
    STILL NO UPDATE for the standard gsm users (at least on 02 UK)......
    those who do have the Sprant version
    wow what an update is it going from 1.1.3 to 1.3.1 it finally has made the phone fast! Plus the facebook app appears in the app store. If you don't want to wait I highly suggest you guys to update. I can't even begin to understand how could Palm in their right mind release the GSM version with such a sluggish OS. 1.3.1 is night and day.
    Quote Originally Posted by diggedy View Post
    yes do tell matey, was this a sprint upgrade or is it the gsm upgrade
    i have no idea(gsm or sprint) got up hit the upgrade button(out of curiosity) and up popped the upgrade window as on front page downloaded, installed,. btw removed patches left homebrew apps on let my pre work some magic and hey presto!now running on 1.3.1 all the bells and whistles work a treat! viva la pre!
    I think the reason why is because of the manufacturing dayeline. Just think the pre in ur hand is actually made way back before 1.2.1 webOS is actually released.
    i have no idea(gsm or sprint) got up hit the upgrade button(out of curiosity) and up popped the upgrade window as on front page downloaded, installed,. btw removed patches left homebrew apps on let my pre work some magic and hey presto!now running on 1.3.1 all the bells and whistles work a treat! viva la pre!
    he means did you have the original firmware that came with o2.
    still nothing down south though

Quote Originally Posted by gguile View Post
    I think the reason why is because of the manufacturing dayeline. Just think the pre in ur hand is actually made way back before 1.2.1 webOS is actually released.
    yeah thats true, but there was nothing stopping them from making the 1.2.1 available to gsm users........at least thats what i think
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    I really want this update, there are a number of things in it I need! Although I really like my Pre, I must admit to being slightly miffed that we are having to wait in Europe! Still, never mind, good things come to he who waits.....
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    I'm using a German Pre in The Netherlands and flashed it to 1.2.1 (Bell) this morning. Upon reboot, it immediately started downloading the 1.3.1 update. Didn't take take that long either. Everything's working fine after a little tweaking. It may be wise to use the NA roms here in Europe, or we'll be stuck with 1.3.1 when the US and Canada already use 1.6.9.
    the only problem with this is that we dont get the paid apps when using other firmware and I think most of the phone features are going to come from these apps in the near future
    Have you tinkered with the OS previous to your update to 1.3.1? Are you running the Sprint firmware or the original O2 firmware?

Thanks
    Vas
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    I'm not sure Palm will want to miss out on all Pre owners in countries without Palm partner providers (as currently is the case in The Netherlands e.g.). It's weird though I could easily access the AppCatalog last week on my WR version, and now that I'm on Bell firmware, it mysteriously became unavailable. FileCoasters is effing up as well, but PreWare never fails I guess...

you can tweak the app catalog to get it back but you only get the free apps. Whats the difference between the bell and sprint software btw?
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Have you tinkered with the OS previous to your update to 1.3.1? Are you running the Sprint firmware or the original O2 firmware?

Thanks
    Vas
    I did have to run Web OS Doctor on my pre,as it froze after every 30 seconds of use,that was a fortnight ago!,What i have noticed tho since i removed preware(install apps from WebOSQI),I have had no problems since. Try the doctor see if he can help!
    Last edited by 5 sisters; 11/15/2009 at 06:18 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast