View Poll Results: Who is sick of their Palm Pre?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I'm so sick of it I can't take it anymore!

22 9.57%
  • My pre is running fine!

208 90.43%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I got the famous usb crack heading to screen, medium oreo effect, and blown speaker on my launch day pre and I still love the damn thing....... WebOS kicks ****...
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhall View Post
    I got the famous usb crack heading to screen, medium oreo effect, and blown speaker on my launch day pre and I still love the damn thing....... WebOS kicks ****...
    you rock....lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Lets see...

Ipod touch w/ no net anywhere vs. Pre w/ free net anywhere.

That's quite a no brainer.
    wow just looked at the poll, figured there would be a lot more bad since you see so many complaints. mines great and yes it has its problems but i also own a iphone 3gs (jailbroken and unlocked), and a new droid (company phones) and from experience all have shortcomings. the pre's interface is simply the best for the ui, but it gets destroyed on app count and app quality. still love it and will keep it and hope to see the problems worked out. frankly the community is why i keep it, they work to fix problems that palm should have and are doing a hell of a job at buying palm time to get it straight.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    The Pre is not perfect, but is is more perfect that any of the alternatives.

I've checked out the iPhone and even the Droid with all the recent hype -- and switching to either one of these phones would be a huge step backwards for me.

I do occasionally get Pixi envy though...
    Quote Originally Posted by leucus View Post
    wow just looked at the poll, figured there would be a lot more bad since you see so many complaints.
    Sadly, that's pretty typical on this, as well as other, forums. It's frequently a matter of loud dissatisfaction, which makes it look more prevalent than it really is.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Every time I see one of these polls, I roll my eyes. Then I have to smile as I read the responses. Seems it's usually the same few folks enthusiastically procaliming the death of the Pre and/or WebOS and/or Palm, but the majority of users are happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacr91 View Post
    Same here thats why now im on verizon
    Stupid sprint is charging me for things i dont do or use and they never gave me my rebate
    haha, in the same breath you say you switched to Verizon and then went on to complain about Sprint charging you for things you don't do. oh the irony!
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    OP has to be joking.

It is threads like this one that derail actual discussion threads about the nature of Palm and the future of Web OS.

Someone makes an ostensibly critical thread about a concern--a valid thread--and everyone heads to the weapon locker to suit up for what they assume is going to be a **** thread, like this one. Then nothing gets discussed or accomplished because everyone always makes sure to brings their egos while they leave good ideas, free expression, and legitimate debate at home.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Mama said posting is like a room of dummies, you never know which one is the smartest.
    Quote Originally Posted by steves743 View Post
    Who is sick and tired of the endless updates, redownloading patches, and lame excuses from Sprint?
    What's "lame" is this troll.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Why don't you have your head examined. Maybe you're the one who's sick and not the Palm Pre.
    loving my pre, wife feels the same about hers.
    no it isn't perfect, but palm keeps updating, and that keeps me happy.

sprint is sooo much better than verizon for me. Mostly because of price, between my wife and I we save enough to, get this, buy the family option on health insurance from her work. Now of course we were able to afford insurance before, but I was bugeting lately and realized those savings amounted to quite alot!
    Yo, Imaletchufinish dis stoopit poll but steves743 is da best troll eva!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottitude View Post
    Yo, Imaletchufinish dis stoopit poll but steves743 is da best troll eva!
    Ha!

And I'm preparing my Pre for the latest of the "endless updates" -- and I couldn't be happier!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    updates = good,
    this poll = bad
    means they actually care enough about their product that they want to keep improving, and if u notice most of the updates are things WE are complaining about, so they listen. can iPhone users say that about Apple?
    gotta say im very happy with mine, even if im on my 3rd, although right now im kinda quite ****ed with palm, the pim company...... the palm profile lost my pim!!!!!! but they are calling me in a few hrs to resolve it as the imers couldnt help, so its a pain, but they say they will make it better, i just wish they woulda let palm desktop work without some 3rd party software!
    I am thoroughly enjoying my Pre. I have had very few issues with it and those are minor and I grew accustomed to them like the rattle in the dashboard of my car.

I am a happy customer.
    Even though I'm on my 5th or 6th (lost count) I'm happy with mine. Hardware issues are a pain but the sweet software trumps less than perfect hardware for me.
    I like the pre a lot, I just want a different build...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast