1.    #1  
    Actually the hero was on the back burning but I was interesting in the Samsung Moment. The sprint store I went to didn't have live Moment so I decided to give the Hero a try. I was mainly looking for two things. A calender that didn't have the slot machine scrollers when selecting a date and bluetooth file transfer which happened to be my two biggest grips with the pre. I noticed the android had the scrolling calendar too. I briefly looked at bluetooth transfer of contacts and didnt find it. At that point I walked out the store. I guess all the new smartphones have a similar calendar. Oh oddly enough I also looked at the treo pro (winmo) which had both functions.
    I bet those are two requests aren't common for a normal smart-phone user. I say that Bluetooth transfer of contacts would be something more common on a BB, but I'd never be cruel enough to suggest someone ever use a Storm.
    you can always text a vcard. But what I'd like to see is multiple sent at one time, like tick the contacts ud like to send, then send
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I bet those are two requests aren't common for a normal smart-phone user. I say that Bluetooth transfer of contacts would be something more common on a BB, but I'd never be cruel enough to suggest someone ever use a Storm.
    I disagree. The features were on the previous treos and centro. All winmo phones have it. Do you not find it frustrating trying to change a calendar appt? How do you determine the days of the week for an event that has to be rescheduled?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    I disagree. The features were on the previous treos and centro. All winmo phones have it. Do you not find it frustrating trying to change a calendar appt? How do you determine the days of the week for an event that has to be rescheduled?
    Did Treo and Centro support BT file transfer? I am not aware it.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    yes. my wife still has her centro. I can send music and files via bluetooth to a MAC / PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    My 700p did so I assume that the Centro does as well.
    I was mainly looking for two things. A calender that didn't have the slot machine scrollers when selecting a date
    Ironically, the scrolling wheels are also coming to the Blackberry. Some genius at Apple was looking for a non-keyboard solution, and now everyone thinks this is useful.

On the Pre you can use the keyboard to select the values without tapping on the scrolling wheels.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    I have to admit, that's one of the worst UI changes I've seen in some times. Yes, precisely: how _do_ you select a day of the week at some point in the future? I certainly don't know what the date is for the second week in December, for example, and the UI doesn't help with that at all.

If this was another gift from Apple, then I curse them yet again.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Ironically, the scrolling wheels are also coming to the Blackberry. Some genius at Apple was looking for a non-keyboard solution, and now everyone thinks this is useful.

On the Pre you can use the keyboard to select the values without tapping on the scrolling wheels.
    Damn I didn't know that.. thanks!
    Android 2.0 supports bluetooth file transfer which is coming to the Hero very soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Yes, precisely: how _do_ you select a day of the week at some point in the future? I certainly don't know what the date is for the second week in December, for example, and the UI doesn't help with that at all.
    Same here. I wish they'd have the pop-up calendar like booking Web sites do (airlines, hotels, etc.) I have to go open up the calendar app to find the date if I'm in another app (like Tasks) or pre-look it up in the calendar before changing the date in calendar. Hey, maybe that's why it is called the Pre!