1.    #1  
    i want to know if the palm pre can be jail broken for att or jail broken at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by natmack10 View Post
    i want to know if the palm pre can be jail broken for att or jail broken at all.
    while the palm pre cannot easily be made to work on at&t, some have made progress in that area, and it is not possible to use the 3g with it. you would have to import a pre from abroad, and this will cost a good amount of cash, compared to just going to sprint.

as far as jailbreaking, the pre dosn't need it palm actually includes a way of turning your phone into a developer phone with just a simple code, then you can take part in all kinds of great applications, like data teathering, and tons of homebrew, not to mention patches like an onscreen keyboard.

additionally, there may well be good news if you don't want to go through the cost of getting the pre from germany and doing the fancy SIM stuff yourself. AT&T has said they will be carrying the pre when sprint's exclusive deal ends, which most agree should be in the next 2 or three months. note this is not an official announcment, it could be totally incorrect.
    http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/0...lusivity-ends/
    There are four lights.
    Explain what you mean by "jail broken." The Pre has the homebrew/patch community.

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps

As far as unlocking the phone for use on AT&T, yes, that is possible but you will not have 3G service. The only GSM handsets available at this time are for the EU and they have a different frequency for 3G.
  4.    #4  
    whats the palm code?
    A GSM phone should be able to work on a GSM network. However, getting them to work together is not always easy. Why ANYONE would want to go to AT&T by choice is beyond me though.
    whats the palm code?
    one way is to just start typing
    upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart
    There are four lights.
    What you need to first worry about is upgrading from AT&T, not upgrading your phone.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    sprint is much better then at&t......but if I had to have at&t I would get the iphone....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    sprint is much better then at&t......but if I had to have at&t I would get the iphone....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    one way is to just start typing
    upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart
    Or the much easier webos20090606 (Pre launch day )
    whats the palm code?

up up down down left right left right b a start