1.    #1  
    I need a a spare battery today because I'm going on vacation. They want to charge me $60.00 for a regular battery. They're $30.00 at amazon. Of course that does me no good.
    Why does my local Sprint retailer insist on ripping off it's customers? $60.00 for a freaking battery? As John Stossel would say "Give Me a Break!"
    bring a wall charger lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I bought an extra on ebay for $15. $60 is robbery.
    Buy it on Amazon and have it sent overnight to your hotel.
    I always check for accessorizes online, never bought anything from the sprint store. Well probably will buy the pre case since a lot of people says it fixes the oreo, but $30 bucks to fix something that shouldn't have been there...
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    accessories are often marked up as the main product is a loss leader. or they have you by the balls.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by asaetern View Post
    ....but $30 bucks to fix something that shouldn't have been there...
    If you are getting the case just because of the oreo effect, i agree, but its a case. Designed to keep you from having to spend $549.99 (or $100 for TEP) so $30 bucks is a pretty good deal, and you get to fix an issue at the same time.

As far as a battery being $60, its called retail for a reason. The reason Amazon and other websites are cheaper than a store is because they dont have to staff and maintain hundreds of stores. They have a website,server, some employees and warehouse(s). Where as Sprint has hundreds of stores, employees for those stores, plus the bills that go with those stores plus warehouses, and the employees... As you can see Sprint has to get their money from somewhere, that just happens to be your pocket. Another reason is convienence. As the OP states, he is going out of town and cant have one shipped since it is necessary now, well they can get one "now" in a store but it is going to cost more for the ablity to walk in to a store instead of having to wait.

End of Rant, thank you all.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    bring a wall charger lol
    they don't have those on long flights and i was hoping to watch a few movies.
    hopefully, i'll be able to watch 2 movies before it dies.
    just seems like my own phone company wouldn't insist on sticking it to me like that. $60.00 is probably a 90% mark up over cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepymonkey View Post
    I need a a spare battery today because I'm going on vacation. They want to charge me $60.00 for a regular battery. They're $30.00 at amazon. Of course that does me no good.
    Why does my local Sprint retailer insist on ripping off it's customers? $60.00 for a freaking battery? As John Stossel would say "Give Me a Break!"
    I was going to write a reply along the lines of "are you new to this world?", "have you never seen a product at a store that is available cheaper online?", "do you think this is only Sprint that charges a lot for batteries?"...but I won't. I guess I just did...

Go ahead and hate Sprint for trying to sell you a $60 battery. Go to another carrier and let them try to sell you a $60 battery instead.
    I'm selling batteries for $14 shipped (oem palm pre)
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    And for the record, today I picked up a Xbox 360 HD cable for $40 from Best Buy that's available for $15 online. It's the price to pay for getting it from a brick & mortar and having it now.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepymonkey View Post
    they don't have those on long flights and i was hoping to watch a few movies.
    hopefully, i'll be able to watch 2 movies before it dies.
    just seems like my own phone company wouldn't insist on sticking it to me like that. $60.00 is probably a 90% mark up over cost.
    Generally mark up is 50-60% Also, most corporate accounts, like if your account is in your name and you are getting a discount because you work at wal-mart or target, you can get up to 20% off accessories. I know right now if you are a member of AOL you can get 10% off MRC (rate plan) and 20% off accessories. If you dont have an AOL account you can make a free one at AOL.com
    eBay now has it for $6-$10. CHEAP.
    I think $60 is a ripoff most definitely. I got an extended life battery on Amazon for $35