1.    #1  
    What do you guys think of the palm pre? I am a new owner and very much enjoy the sleek new look and unbelievable screen on it, ability to load vids/ringtones/photos. The things I dislike about it are that the email app (even when I set it to manually) keeps updaying me ASAP when I get an email. Kind of annoying but whatever, the Battery life is pretty poor, app store could be updated with better and newer apps etc...

Just a few things prob more of both but lets see what you guys think. Overall this is easily the best phone I've owned (most recent until pre- LG Rumour) but I would give it an 8.5/10 maybe 8...

Opinions?
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Well, I have had the GSM Pre in the UK for a week now having previously owned many HTC WM devices, and I am very pleased so far, there are some features which are missing (full implementation of cut and paste, limited app store, no native facebook, video shooting, basic music player, very basic camera) but many of these will be addressed when Europe catches up with the US and gets WebOS 1.3.1. It is clear to me that WebOS is and excellent operating system and will produce some really interesting stuff in the future, I just hope that Palm do not pull the Apple trick of releasing functionality in dribs and drabs to drive sales of new model handsets.
    you are a rarity.. Most people I know prefer their emails FASTER and PUSHED (faster the better)

to each his own I guess
    i thought the manual email update issue was solved with the 1.2 update...correct me if i'm wrong...are you on a gsm pre? if not, do you have the most up to date version of webos?
    Yeah I gotta say that's the first complaint I've ever seen about the email application over performing. You'd rather it tell you about emails 6 hours late?
    If you are on WebOS 1.2 you can actually control the timing on the emails on when it alerts you. (As it arrives, 5 minute, 10 minutes, 15 min, 30 min, 1 hour, 6 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours, or manual.

My recommendation to all new users is to just get used to the phone in the beginning, don't have too many expectations, except that it has great potential with the Synergy (contacts), has decent calendaring, decent email, very decent text msg, will support many IM systems in the very near future (not just aol), google maps, and has decent web browsing support. Applications continue to come forth and if you get time to read and educate yourself on the WebOS, you'll see that it can be an incredible platform for the near future and more. Palm seems to be doing the right things on their hiring of experienced developers and hardware engineers so that the platform will continue to be fast, easy to use and reliable and available.
    Last edited by bobwonderful; 11/13/2009 at 09:40 AM.
    i thought the manual email update issue was solved with the 1.2 update...correct me if i'm wrong...are you on a gsm pre? if not, do you have the most up to date version of webos?
    Yes it was supposedly fixed in 1.2 but my Pre still checks my manual accounts automagically at random times. Happens mostly when I hangup a phone call.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    you are a rarity.. Most people I know prefer their emails FASTER and PUSHED (faster the better)

to each his own I guess
    I get a lot of emails in a day and none of them are really that important. I understand the use of the email system if you were constantly on the go but currently for me the email system is kind of a waste. Id rather check the email manually rather than having a thousand received email updates straight to my phone. Couldn't I just configure the notification settings?