1.    #1  
    I just bought the plam pre unlocked gsm phone off of ebay. I put in my SIM and it recognizes the provider and then I get to the create a palm profile so i do that and then it gives me a message saying "Profile Creation Failed-- You need to be connected to your wireless service provider's network to create the profile." Can someone please help
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    We need more details. What's your location? (US, Canada, North Pole, England), who did you buy the device from, what is the keyboard layout (QWERTZ, QWERTY), and what carrier are you trying to activate it on?
  3.    #3  
    I am in Kenya and I bought the device on ebay from a power seller who is based out of the US. It is the QWERTZ keyboard layout and the carrier is Safaricom.
  4. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Bad news: you may not be able to activate the Pre on Safaricom. Check out this post at PalmInfocenter and this post on the front page. The QWERTZ Pre is the version sold on O2 in Germany, and is mostly unlocked. Your mileage may vary.

There are tools to bypass the restrictions, but it's gonna take some effort on your part. Your best bet is the webos-internals forum.

Good luck!
  5.    #5  
    This is very disappointing news but I will figure out a way around it somehow. Thank you for your help.