1.    #1  
    This started happening today. I have no idea why. The phone just stopped making any noises when I receive texts. It still rings when I get a call and it still notifies me when the battery is dying. I don't have any crazy patches installed in the phone and the only recent update I can think of is that palmbook and Preware were updated today. I checked the messaging sounds in both the messaging app and the sounds preference pane and all sounds are set to on. Any suggestions??

Thank you in advance for any help.
    This has happened to me before, too. For me what happens is that the notification sound unexplicably gets turned all the way down. It's happened a couple of times. To fix it I just went into the sounds app and turned it back up. I have no idea what caused it.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    This has happened to me before, too. For me what happens is that the notification sound unexplicably gets turned all the way down. It's happened a couple of times. To fix it I just went into the sounds app and turned it back up. I have no idea what caused it.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Sadly though, that's not it. I checked the sound settings and they are all the way up. I played around with them just now just in case with no luck.
    Used the heaphone jack lately? Might have a case of the jack blues.
  5.    #5  
    I'll give it it a shot. The phone is however making noise for both phone calls and all other regular notifications. I think I'm just going to webos doctor the thing.
    happened to me when I did the patch to choose different text sounds for people
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ayoo456 View Post
    happened to me when I did the patch to choose different text sounds for people
    and how did you fix it? I deleted the patch already to no avail.
  8.    #8  
    Nevermind. As quickly as it stopped working after the most recent restart (like the third one) it's back up and running again. Whatev.