Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I want to remove my patches so I can download the update. Do I have to do this one at A time? Is there A way to remove them all at once?

thanx
    Preware. List of everything. Search for "Emergency Patch Recovery". Wipes out all at once.

Done
    There is no spoon
    I was thinking the same thing..
    and the above does not work.

There is no Emergency Patch Recovery in List of everything...
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Go into the Preware preferences and make sure 'show other types' is set to Yes.

Then you should be able to find Emergency Patch Recovery.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    If you use EPR, be sure to uninstall any themes first.

I prefer to use WebOS Repair Utility. It removes themes and patches. It takes longer than EPR, but I like to watch it work. By the way, if you run RU to remove patches and themes, you must enable compatibility override.
    i tryed show other types and nothin.
    show ALL types and no emergency.

can someone speak to me about this override thing with RU?
    would greatly appreciate
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    type emergency, you will find it in preware.just start typin
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticX View Post
    can someone speak to me about this override thing with RU?
    would greatly appreciate
    The http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post1913582 has the ability to scan the phone, compare files to the ones in webOS Doctor, identify missing or altered files (using MD5 hash values), and restore those files to their original state. Essentially, it can doctor the phone without removing all of your data.

To restore files prior to an OS update (or to repair other mishaps), just choose option "Compatibility Override" and RU will remove themes and patches. If you chose "Verbose Logging," you can watch it work.
    Can you remove patches WebOS quick INstall?
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    all this time and no luck ever seeing the emergency remover in preware

if the update is on the 15th (tomorro)
    how can i really get rid of all my tweaks nice and cleanly?
    I could not find the emergency remover in Preware so I just went to installed/applied patches in preware and removed them all one by one, takes time but gets the job done. Good Luck
    i did the removal and all removed but the squared corners remained?
    Quote Originally Posted by sburlbaw View Post
    I could not find the emergency remover in Preware so I just went to installed/applied patches in preware and removed them all one by one, takes time but gets the job done. Good Luck
    Here you go:
    From Preware first screen select:
    1. Avaible Other
    2. Linux Application
    3. All
    4. (About fourth items down0 EPR
    So I know this is probably not the right place to post this question, but from all the reviews and articles I read I guess this is a valid place to start.
    Ever since I got my Palm Pre Plus earlier this year, I always thought that PreWare was just like software, just named differently. However, I've come to realize that it's an application. Now I have installed homebrew apps and all, and I use WebOS Quick Install (v.4.4.0) quite regularly.
    However, whenever I do a search in there for Preware, nothing comes up. I have not installed it on my phone, and when I googled the issue, I found that preware is in fact there in older versions of Quick Install, however I didn't find any results with the latest version (4.4.0).
    Have any of you had this problem? I know this is just because I'm new to the WebOS world, however it is very frustrating not being able to find this useful app.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by zee.2012; 07/18/2012 at 07:55 PM.
    Here is the wiki on Preware: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

And you might want to bookmark the webOS Internals main page: Main Page - WebOS Internals

There are waaaay more answers than you have questions for (yet ) in the wiki's...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee