Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I recently bought a UK Pre and I was wondering which European charger to get.

I saw this official international charger, but $40 or EUR 30 seems a bit steep.

Palm International Power Charger - Palm Accessories

I have the UK charger, so the best thing would be if I could just get the European plug (top), but I reckon it's somekind of proprietary connection..

I also read about different voltages and amperes (whatever) and some will charge slower etc. And I need to use it with the touchstone, which doesn't seem to work connected to a PC.

I saw a couple of chargers on eBay.de for EUR 6, but they don't give any specs.

Anybody got any advice?
    couldnt you just use a converter? (UK to EU plug)....
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    couldnt you just use a converter? (UK to EU plug)....
    I could, but a converter UK > EU would be pretty big. I don't want to carry a USB cable, charger part, UK part and UK > EU converter with me all the time..
    Personally I'd just go with their international package, 40 USD is like 26 EUR right now.
    My Palm History (in order): IIIe SE, m130, Tungsten|T, m505, Tungsten|T3, Zire 71, m505 (owned two different ones), Zire 72, Tungsten|C, T|X, Treo 650.
    After that I got a Apple iPhone 3G, Palm Pre (GSM), Google Nexus One.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I have an European charger for Treo Pro and it works. I have also Nokia microUSB charger and it doesn't work. Beware.
    My UK Pre came with connectors for the UK and Europe. They are interchangeable.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulpenny View Post
    Wanna sell the European connector?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulpenny View Post
    My Spanish Pre has only European connector...

Anyway, I just searched Ebay DE for European chargers for Treo Pro (which will work for the Pre as well), there are some as cheap as 5 EUR:

eBay: treo pro ladeger├Ąt, Palm