1.    #1  
    Has Precentral gone limp? Has everyone been busy lately with life and love and other whatnot desires. I don't know about you guys, but my Pre is my life, love, and desires.

Basically what I'm trying to say is I've wrote a few posts over the past couple days and haven't gotten any responses. Anyone else noticing a slow down in this once mad house forum?

I did have a few good topics, but I guess I am no longer of any interest.

I guess to just make some conversation, I have to say that my Touchstone has been my main area of happiness lately. I can't get over how absolutely amazing this thing is in my car. Best invention of all time.

Until the next response, be well, good stuff, and plenty of pea soup.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Slow down? Are you kidding? There are so many new posts in an hour that topics get buried on page 2,3,4,etc and don't get read enough to get replied.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Well the Most users ever on Precentral was 7,121, 09/28/2009 at 06:36 PM not sure what happened that day

Latley, I see an average of 2,500 a day + or - dont quote me.
    I personally have gotten enough information from the website to understand the functionality of the phone & what I want to get out of it. Clearly not everyone has the unique obsession with it as *ahem* some people have with it. It is a very nice phone & I like it, but to let friends, family, job, and other aspects of my life take a backseat to a phone is ludicrous. I've learned plenty from these forums, but i certainly have other endeavors I would like to pursue in my life. I frankly become a little bored with the advanced topics in the forum as i will most likely have some other phone in two years & here I am wasting my time learning about something that has very little long term benefits to me. I'd prefer to spend my time learning the piano or how to cook as opposed to learning how to do my online banking through my telephone. To me, friends and family are my "main areas of happiness" and I would rather spend my time with them rather than on my phone and a forum about my phone.

pee soup
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    As with all things, something new is exciting, as time goes by the newness wears off and becomes less exciting. When Palm comes out with a "big" update that adds more features that people are looking for, I'm sure it will pick back up again. I think we lost some to android also.
    Clearly you need to get on the beta test list for this.....

Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Has Precentral gone limp? Has everyone been busy lately with life and love and other whatnot desires. I don't know about you guys, but my Pre is my life, love, and desires......Until the next response, be well, good stuff, and plenty of pea soup.
    Everyone is still here complaining the Pre isn't the Droid.
  8.    #8  
    I think somehow I am not receiving email notifications anymore when someone replies to a thread of mine!!!! I was not aware of any of these replies until I went back and checked. I went to my user CP and it says I am subscribed to thread email notification.

Oh well.
    Has Precentral gone limp? Has everyone been busy lately with life and love and other whatnot desires. I don't know about you guys, but my Pre is my life, love, and desires.

Basically what I'm trying to say is I've wrote a few posts over the past couple days and haven't gotten any responses. Anyone else noticing a slow down in this once mad house forum?

I did have a few good topics, but I guess I am no longer of any interest.

I guess to just make some conversation, I have to say that my Touchstone has been my main area of happiness lately. I can't get over how absolutely amazing this thing is in my car. Best invention of all time.

Until the next response, be well, good stuff, and plenty of pea soup.
    I noticed this too. Quite a few of the old regulars disappeared. I think the biggest drop was right after 1.2.1 was released. Alot of ppl were expecting some real fixes to the GLARING missing basic functionality, and 1.2.1 did not deliver on that at all. It looks like this next update is gonna miss those lacking functions too (for the most part).
    But like I said, the biggest drop-off seemed to be within a week or so after 1.2.1 was released. Palm shoud've seen this and addressed it in this new update.
    Oh well.
    Personally, I spend a lot less time here because I got tired of sifting through thread after thread posted by the whiners to get any decent info. Now, I find that I can get most of what I need to know about what is going on with the Pre and WebOS by simply reading the articles on the main page.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Personally, I spend a lot less time here because I got tired of sifting through thread after thread posted by the whiners to get any decent info. Now, I find that I can get most of what I need to know about what is going on with the Pre and WebOS by simply reading the articles on the main page.
    Bingo
    Im not a regular or anything but..there are alot of people who whine and moan bout the pre..which i understand..but come on..

i get tired of people saying hey my iphone kicks your phones ****..lol or my tp2 is better than your pre. who cares. I bought a pre cause it does everything i need it to and does it well. ya droid is in atm. but its still not for me.. dont feel like going broke just to use the damn thing..lol

Im a sprint user with a pre. and i pay 59 a month for everying i need..and can call any cell phone for free. so im good to go.. and my daughter and wife both have sero 500 plans..

I will stay with sprint till the end. just because they work for me.. att can go suck it..lol

ok sorry had to be like everyone else and rant for a min..

for the record i love my pre..
    I'm on here all the time, and constantly post, but I defiantly leave threads which are just whiny, uninteresting, opinionated clap-trap, or rants. So if any of those where yours then that would probably be the reason.

It's pretty arrogant to assume that because you didn't get a lot of responses everyone must be gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    As with all things, something new is exciting, as time goes by the newness wears off and becomes less exciting. When Palm comes out with a "big" update that adds more features that people are looking for, I'm sure it will pick back up again. I think we lost some to android also.
    And to the Iphone...
    Three people i know went from Pre to Iphone in the past two weeks. They all loved the Pre and agreed that multitasking was the shilsnit... but also agreed that the Pre needs to cook a little bit longer. Now don't start a flame war; everyone is entitled to their opinion. The Pre has more pros than cons, and in another 6 to 8 months I can't even imagine how incredible Web OS will be. I appreciate the early adopters because they allow the OS to continue to grow, while some, and possibly me in the near future, wait on the sidelines until it is full grown. Web OS will succeed one way or another. It is simply a matter of time. And I understand why some are not willing wait right now. It is their prerogative...but it is likely they will be back...

That is, if Google does not take over the world first...
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I'm on here all the time, and constantly post, but I defiantly leave threads which are just whiny, uninteresting, opinionated clap-trap, or rants. So if any of those where yours then that would probably be the reason.

It's pretty arrogant to assume that because you didn't get a lot of responses everyone must be gone.
    Oh sweet old Alex Trebek, first off I was joking. You really took that seriously? There's a glitch in the instant email notifications of mine.

But on a serious note, if my posts are not getting read or replied to, our world as we know it is coming to an end.
    Oh sweet old Alex Trebek, first off I was joking. You really took that seriously? There's a glitch in the instant email notifications of mine.

But on a serious note, if my posts are not getting read or replied to, our world as we know it is coming to an end.
    Alex Trebek, oh no you di-int. You're gonna get it now voltageSPOCK. See what I did there, totally made your name lame too.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Clearly you need to get on the beta test list for this.....
    how could i have ever missed that app
  18.    #18  
    Alex Trebek, oh no you di-int. You're gonna get it now voltageSPOCK. See what I did there, totally made your name lame too.
    All in good clean fun.

JK
    Last edited by pogeypre; 11/12/2009 at 04:11 PM.
    Now see, I like voltageSPOCK better. Kinda like a punk rockin' Vulcan...
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com