1.    #1  
    i have a palm pre and i cant seem to figure out how to down load the text forwarding app will someone tell me what im doing wrong
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    what have you tried so far? Use Preware and download the patch.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    The 1.3.1 update coming out this Sunday is supposed to include the ability to forward text messages. Finally. 6 months later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menso View Post
    The 1.3.1 update coming out this Sunday is supposed to include the ability to forward text messages. Finally. 6 months later.
    5 months 9 days.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 11/12/2009 at 01:17 PM.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    I've yet to forward a text on my iphone. Just saying...
    Don't get your hopes guys, palm has been toying with since day one. And these forums don't help much either when they spreading all out lies about what the next update is bringing. How many times will you all continue to fall for it time and time again. Text forwarding has been a rumor since the very 1st update. Like the old adage, don't believe everything you read.
    ^^I'm not sure you get it.....text forwarding has been confirmed to be included with 1.3.1 from multiple sources, including our very own editors here at Pre Central.

http://www.precentral.net/whats-new-webos-131
    Palm Pixi review
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    True, but the other feature of this, based on the write-up, is the ability to easily copy each message. That can be handy at times.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Source? I know the Pixi is coming out but I thought the Pre update to 1.3.1 would not be ready the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    Source? I know the Pixi is coming out but I thought the Pre update to 1.3.1 would not be ready the same time.
    Read Dieter's review of the Pixi. Although Pixis will ship with 1.2.9, they'll be instantly upgradeable to 1.3.1, and his Pixi was updated to 1.3.1 for the purposes of the review. So he kinda knows what's there.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Agreed...sounds like we will not be seeing 1.3.1 for the Pre on Sunday....http://www.precentral.net/webos-131-hit-sunday

Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    But ya, I have never had the need to use such a feature.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 11/12/2009 at 01:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Same here.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Regardless of whether you two have never needed to forward a text, I have, and so have other people I know who have the phone.

You know the reaction I get when I tell people a phone that came out in 2009, can't forward a text? Don't feed me that, "lol well it dunt matter bcuz da pre roolz" yes yes, woo, go Palm Pre! The average joe doesn't know you can patch, tweak, root, or turn your Pre into a transformer, and that's what matters. The average joe looks at my phone that cannot forward a text and says, <phone is no good>
    Last edited by pogeypre; 11/12/2009 at 03:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Regardless of whether you two have never needed to forward a text, I have, and so have other people I know who have the phone.

You know the reaction I get when I tell people a phone that came out in 2009, can't forward a text? Don't feed me that, "lol well it dunt matter bcuz da pre roolz" yes yes, woo, go Palm Pre! The average joe doesn't know you can patch, tweak, root, or turn your Pre into a transformer, and that's what matters. The average joe looks at my phone that cannot forward a text and says, <phone is no good>.
    Sounds like you have an inferiority complex to me. Why would you care what others think? Don't get me wrong, I agree that the phone should have come with text forwarding already. It should have come standard with a lot of things. Either way, I find it odd that you would be concerned with other peoples opinion. You bought the Pre either A.) because you liked what you saw the Pre advertised as or B.) because your best friend was getting one and you felt compeled to be like him. I would hope it was A. In any case, there is a patch for text forwarding that you can install for the time being and than you don't have to worry about what those people think.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Sounds like you're wrong to me. I don't give flying hoot what others think, and I do have the patch installed on my phone. I'd just like this company to not tank before my two year contract is up.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Sounds like you're wrong to me. I don't give flying hoot what others think, and I do have the patch installed on my phone. I'd just like this company to not tank before my two year contract is up.
    If Palm tanks it won't be because they didn't put in text forwarding from day one. Do you realize how long it took the Android to finally start becoming popular? Almost a year after it was released on T-Mobile. I realize Palm doesn't have that long and I am certain they are fully aware of it too. You have two years to see foryourself so sit back, relax and enjoy the ride for what it's worth. You might be suprised what comes of it.
  17.    #17  
    i was able to down load homebrew but cant find text forwarding
  18.    #18  
    i downloaded homebrew
    The webOS 1.3.1 update that came out over the weekend for Sprint and Bell lets you forward texts now. More details are available at The Official Palm Blog: What's new in webOS 1.3.1?.