1.    #1  
    I used itunes a couple updates ago and all my album art transfered fine. After I installed Windows 7 I went back to mediamonkey. The sync works great but most of my album art is not transferring over. Is there a setting in mediamonkey I am missing. I am willing to go back to itunes if I have to if doubletwist will do the trick but I would really prefer to stay with MM, I hate Apple. Thanks.
    You need to tag the individual mp3's with the album art.

Mp3tag works well.
    J River media jukebox syncs playlist, art, and music. I dislike itunes as well so I tried this and it works great for me. Just do let it high jack all of your media files during the setup, it became the default player for video files and made it difficult to use media center on my extenders until i figured out what happened.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    You need to tag the individual mp3's with the album art.

Mp3tag works well.
    I used itunes to tag most of them and used mediamonkey to tag the rest. They all show up fine in media monkey.
    Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    I used itunes to tag most of them and used mediamonkey to tag the rest. They all show up fine in media monkey.
    Take the mp3's that are missing the art off of your Pre, retag them on your computer and then sync with media monkey.

Something could have caused a glitch when you upgraded...
    So, I've never been clear on this, and maybe someone can help with the real answer ... when people say "tag" do they mean that the image is actually inside the MP3 file, or is the tag just a pointer to the file (a file name somewhere else on your device)?

The only way I've been able to get this to work is with the image inside the file (which means every MP3 file from the same album is a few 100kb larger because they all contain the same image ... not a huge deal but a little wasteful). J.River does a nice job of this if you buy their MP3 encoder and rip the CDs with it ... finds the album art and puts it in each file ... they all show up on the Pre Music Player just fine.

But it seems that some music players (maybe not the Pre) have an option where they keep the album art separate and just display it when a song from the album plays (which may be why the OP could see the art in Media Monkey but not on the Pre). I *think* that the iTunes sync allows you to do this and transfer it to the Pre ... but I could be totally wrong about that. I couldn't find any other way to have the Pre Music Player display album art that's not embedded.

In any case, I think having the art embedded is the most fool-proof method, and I think the ripper that J. River offers (you have to pay a couple of bucks for the MP3 encoder) does a nice job and highly recommend that.
    I just use itunes for all my sync needs (Just don't update itunes). I sync mp3's with album art and videos with itunes. No issues whatsoever.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!