1.    #1  
    In anticipation of the 1.3.1 update, I am trying to figure out exactly what steps need to be taken prior to updating and immediately following updating. I hope we get the update this weekend or early next week, if not I will be disappointed, but will live ;-).

I have used Preware exclusively to add/remove homebrew, patches and themes.

Here are the steps I plan on taking:

Once the Update is available:
    1) Remove my theme.
    2) Run the Emergency Patch Removal patch.

This should get my Pre back to "standard" configuration, albeit with Homebrew apps (no big deal to have on during the update).

Perform the update and then:
    1) Enable DEV mode.
    2) Use Preware to re-apply the patches that I removed.

Is it really this simple? When I first started thinking about this it seemed like it would be more difficult, but after writing it down it just seems to easy ;-).

If I missed anything, please let me know!

Thanks!!
    If you used Mvapp to move apps to the media drive, you have to move all of them back. Does anyone know what will happen if you don't have enough room in original location? Will you just get an error message prior to moving or when/if it runs out of space?
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by csrredcoat View Post
    If you used Mvapp to move apps to the media drive, you have to move all of them back. Does anyone know what will happen if you don't have enough room in original location?
    I was wondering the same thing... b/c I have way too much stuff to fit on the "Original" space!!!

Any Word Yet on the OFFICIAL release date or just a "wait and see" approach... I read somewhere that someone was updating to it already but that was also on a Pixi, think it was in the thread about the "New Pixi Commercial"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Perform the update and then:
    1) Enable DEV mode.
    2) Use Preware to re-apply the patches that I removed.
    no reason to enable dev mode. you only need dev mode to use webOS Quick Install, not Preware.
    do we need to uninstall preware for the update? or not?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Thats what I was wondering, do you need to remove preware, classic, and all the other stuff.. incl keyboard adds and all?
    Old
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I was wondering the same thing..
    Do we need to remove preware, classic, patches like virtual keyboard and all other kool stuff..
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrent80 View Post
    do we need to uninstall preware for the update? or not?
    No you dont need to remove Preware....infact I believe one of the last updates for Preware has it already ready for WebOs 1.3+.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldpapa49 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing..
    Do we need to remove preware, classic, patches like virtual keyboard and all other kool stuff..
    Themes and patches should be removed before updating the OS. Preware and apps don't need to be uninstalled.
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    Themes and patches should be removed before updating the OS. Preware and apps don't need to be uninstalled.
    and Patches to be uninstalled includes the virtual keyboard.
    And reversal of Mvapp changes