1.    #1  
    Yesterday the Touch Screen on my Pre just stopped working, as I see a lot of people are having the same problem.

I'm going to bring it into Sprint today to get a replacement, but I still have all the Homebrew Apps and Patches on my Pre. Because I can't use the Touch Screen I can't seem to figure out a way to erase my Pre.

Is Sprint going to give me problems when I go in for a replacement Pre because I have patches on my phone??????

I have no problem erasing my phone before I bring it in, it just doesn't seem possible because I can't touch the screen to put it in USB mode when I hook it up to my computer.

Is there any other way to do a full erase to get all that stuff off my phone beforehand?????
  2. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Yes. Search terms: force usb mode.
    if you need any help just message me have a good day!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    that happened with mine... i had a theme , tweaks , everything ... i had used quickinstall for the theme so I used that to take it off , put the tweaks were with preware and i couldn't remove them.

I didn't mention the and

Sprint gave me no issues @ all and just replaced it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuruptlon View Post
    Yesterday the Touch Screen on my Pre just stopped working, as I see a lot of people are having the same problem.

I'm going to bring it into Sprint today to get a replacement, but I still have all the Homebrew Apps and Patches on my Pre. Because I can't use the Touch Screen I can't seem to figure out a way to erase my Pre.

Is Sprint going to give me problems when I go in for a replacement Pre because I have patches on my phone??????

I have no problem erasing my phone before I bring it in, it just doesn't seem possible because I can't touch the screen to put it in USB mode when I hook it up to my computer.

Is there any other way to do a full erase to get all that stuff off my phone beforehand?????
    Not sure what exactly you mean by "USB mode?" It doesn't need to be in USB mode to start WebOS Quick Install. By default, as soon as you plug your Pre into your computer, it's charging, whether or not you tap "Just Charge."

I did this for a friend of mine. Her touch screen failed and she needed to take it back to Sprint but she had tweaks. Her Pre was left in "Dev Mode On" so all I did was plug her Pre into her PC (and by default it's in a charging state). I was able to remove her tweaks w/o having to use the touchscreen.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Not sure what exactly you mean by "USB mode?" It doesn't need to be in USB mode to start WebOS Quick Install. By default, as soon as you plug your Pre into your computer, it's charging, whether or not you tap "Just Charge."

I did this for a friend of mine. Her touch screen failed and she needed to take it back to Sprint but she had tweaks. Her Pre was left in "Dev Mode On" so all I did was plug her Pre into her PC (and by default it's in a charging state). I was able to remove her tweaks w/o having to use the touchscreen.
    First of all thanks to everyone who responded.

When I plug my Pre into my Mac it does not seem to recognize it because it isnt in USB mode.

When I open Webos Quick Install and try to do anything it says "No Device Detected"

Is there something I'm doing wrong that Webos Quick Install isnt recognizing my Pre, because every other time I used Webos I had to put the Pre in USB mode. I apologize I'm not the best with this kind of stuff.

Any further help would be much appreciated.