Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Ok, so I intalled emergency patch recovery while I had a theme installed I did not read first! I have not yet restarted it what will happen if I do? I don't wanna have to delete everything and have a new phone again somone please help!!
    the patch will remove all tweaks and patches. no worries though just reinstall everything. it doesn't take that much time if you have your phone connected via usb and by using webosquickinstall. Also preware will work as well
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    But will I lose my theme also? cause the theme is updated and I don't like the update on it o.o and thanks !
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucki View Post
    But will I lose my theme also? cause the theme is updated and I don't like the update on it o.o and thanks !
    I don't know if your theme will be there; go ahead and check. If it is there, check whether Preware recognizes it. If it doesn't, make sure you run http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...r-utility.html with compatibility override enabled before the next update to ensure it gets removed. If the theme is screwed up, go ahead and run the Repair Utility now before you reinstall patches; I'm sure you don't want to have to install them twice. Good luck.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    The theme is there only one thing is different thought the date and time @ top is no longer blue like it used to be !
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    When I try and run the repair utility it says connect device when it already is what do I do?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Are you still in Dev Mode?
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Yes i am
    Yes i am
    Palm - webOS Doctor for Palm Pre for Sprint
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryprod View Post
    Thanks but I just want to be able to keep my pictures will I be able to if I do this?
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I ran the webos doctor for palm pre the official one and .. it said we can't reset your phone !! My phone works fine but I just want it to be like how it was no half theme any help would be appreciated!!
    The theme is there only one thing is different thought the date and time @ top is no longer blue like it used to be !
    Go into Preware uninstall you theme restart phone, run Preware againg and reinstall your theme. If this doesn't work. Run webos quick install, select tools, select themer, select revert to default, then restart phone, after phone restarts, re-open webos quick install, select tools, select themer, and reinstall you theme.

I ran the webos doctor for palm pre the official one and .. it said we can't reset your phone !! My phone works fine but I just want it to be like how it was no half theme any help would be appreciated!!
    If webos dr still is not recognizing the phone try this and follow the steps exactly:

1) Remove the battery
    2) Press and hold the volume up button (with the battery out)
    3) Plug the USB charging cable into the wall charger, and insert the USB cable into the Pre.(you will see a picture of a battery and a question mark at this point)
    4) Insert the battery.
    5) Release the volume up button.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I will try the second part and I every time I try and connect to webos quick install says there is no device ! Thanks guys what if I do the partial erase from the phone under device info? will this help at all? I backed up all my pictures on my computer so yeah
    Partial erase may work but I doubt it. Let us know how it turns out
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I did partial erase but its still like that ugh will full erase make the phone like how it was when I took it out the box? Or only with webos doctor can I get it that way? Thanks guys for helping
    I did partial erase but its still like that ugh will full erase make the phone like how it was when I took it out the box? Or only with webos doctor can I get it that way? Thanks guys for helping
    Webos Dr will be the best method. You could call sprint and ask for your MSL# and do a full reset via ##RTN# [##786#] and scrolling down and selecting reset. then it will ask for you msl then just follow instructions and it should put the phone back to factory defaults.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmehr View Post
    Webos Dr will be the best method. You could call sprint and ask for your MSL# and do a full reset via ##RTN# [##786#] and scrolling down and selecting reset. then it will ask for you msl then just follow instructions and it should put the phone back to factory defaults.
    Ok thanks alot man! Ima go home and do the doctor again if it doesnt work then do the MSL number way. Also if I do then all my contacts will be gone too yes? cause I did partial and I don't have any of them >_<! do I get them back? or no? thanks
    Anytime, contacts should come back specially if you have gmail. After full reset sign in with the exact same info you created when you bought the phone and you contacts, memos, and apps from the app catalogue you downloaded should restore. Nothing is guaranteed so thats why I said should restore lol
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    ok thanks man like I lost my contacts and stuff after partial restore and still have yet to get them back why did I have to be stupid n make that mistake ugh !
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Ok now when I try and run it it does not see that my decive is plugged in.. do I need to have dev mode on for the webos doc?

EDIT : i got the repair utility working but says like I need 1.2.1 v of the webos doctor where can I get this from? I have 2 but none worked !
    Last edited by Lucki; 11/12/2009 at 03:09 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast