1.    #1  
    my power button doesnt push down anymore its just blah. so inorder for me to use the phone i have to slide it up to activate my screen . has this happen to anyone else ?
    Happened to me. Brought it to sprint and got a new one.
    yup, take it to sprint and they'll give you a refurb
    Quote Originally Posted by gregsayss View Post
    my power button doesnt push down anymore its just blah. so inorder for me to use the phone i have to slide it up to activate my screen . has this happen to anyone else ?
    Take it in even if you are pass your 30 day return period.
    My launch day pre did this about a week ago. Took it in to the sprint store and they ordered me a refurb and had it within 2 days (I went in over the weekend).
    This just happened to me yesterday. I took it in today and they replaced the button itself, but they also noticed that the problem was internal, so they ordered me another unit.
    Same with me.. button broke and they ordered me a new one.
    my button just broke today too. i've had my pre since 6/9/09. so what do you guys tell them? just say that the button is broken and they'll maybe look at it and say 'ok we'll order you another?"
  9. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Sprint store. They should take care of you.
    actually, after playing with it, it still does work but the button itself doesn't spring back up anymore. it's basically flush with the phone now and there's really no tactile feedback letting me know that i pressed it. I have to press down pretty hard on it for it to register. would that be enough for them to replace it or at least fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by charles77k View Post
    actually, after playing with it, it still does work but the button itself doesn't spring back up anymore. it's basically flush with the phone now and there's really no tactile feedback letting me know that i pressed it. I have to press down pretty hard on it for it to register. would that be enough for them to replace it or at least fix it?
    I had problems with volume keys not working on one of my previous Pre's. I took it in, they replicated the problem and replaced it. It really can't hurt for you to try. In the worst case scenario you have the same phone you have, and you wasted some time. But I think the success rate with sprint has been good enough that it's worth trying.

Just be calm and explain the problem. Don't be a jerk, and I bet they order you a replacement.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Its an easy fix...just pry off the button gently and put a tiny piece of rubber underneath the button to give it some spring and BOOM you're in business!

I used a small piece of balloon but you could just as easliy use a rubber band or similar improvisation.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Fixing it yourself when its under warranty is just crazy unless you have a really good reason not to switch it out.