Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Well i finally took the plunge and picked up the pre. I just wanted to introduce myself to the community and say hello and the phone is awesome lol. Anything i need to do now its up and running out of the box?
    Welcome to the club. It's nice here. Read up on how to hack your phone, enjoy multitasking and if you have any questions, this place is responds pretty quickly with answers.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Welcome. Here are a couple of threads you might look at:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...es-themes.html is still in beta, but it's worth reading as an introduction to "enhancing" your phone.

Also http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...life-tips.html.

A bit of advice:
    (1) This is a rich resource. Research ways to enhance your Pre. Also use it to resolve problems quickly. Few issues are unique; chances are that someone has faced your problem and received good advice on how to address it. The Search tab at the top of the page is a valuable resource; please use it. And it's time well spent. In the search process you'll come across unrelated threads that will expose you to this phone's true capabilities.
    (2) Before you install anything on your phone, do some research so that you are sure you know how to uninstall it should you decide you want to (or need to) get rid of it.
    Man, welcome to the world of the Pre. It's just about to get really interesting for you. This forum is a gold mine if you know how to use the "search" tool and post your questions in the correct threads. Lots to do and lots available. Have fun with it!!!!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Get WebOS Quick Install and Preware ASAP and follow the threads for increasing app limit storage and you will be very happy, indeed...if you need help do a search or 2 or 3 first then ask!
    Quote Originally Posted by edking4 View Post
    Well i finally took the plunge and picked up the pre. I just wanted to introduce myself to the community and say hello and the phone is awesome lol. Anything i need to do now its up and running out of the box?
    Install preware onto your phone so you have much more customisability, then get a mugen 1400mah battery for 30 bucks and sit back and enjoy your phone. Oh yeah, the induction charger is expensive but worth it... it's so much nicer just to plop the phone onto the charger than plugging a cable in all the time.
    aaaaaaaaaaaand welcome!!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Welcome!

I would suggest to buy and apply some screen protection film. It is not too difficult to scratch your Pre.
    and maybe some kind of case for that extra protection wouldn't hurt either !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cube48 View Post
    Welcome!

I would suggest to buy and apply some screen protection film. It is not too difficult to scratch your Pre.
    +1 on that but Im actually still on the film that came with the phone. I just trimmed the flap at the top so its linear with screen. 3 weeks and counting and still looking good.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G