1.    #1  
    Facebook has its text notification system working so that each new "event" that happens forces it to send a new text message to you starting with 32665 (FBOOK) and adding a value to the end of the number starting at 100 and going up from there.

This forces me to receive texts from 32665101, 32665102, 32665103, etc.

Is there a way for me to create a contact with a wildcard (* or anything like that) that would take care of this problem and always tell me that it is Facebook texting me?

I'd love to use this because I could set a contact image and name the contact so it wouldn't come in as simply 32665xxx
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    That's stupid. Why on Earth would they do it that way? That's unbelievably annoying... Sorry, don't have a solution for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    Facebook has its text notification system working so that each new "event" that happens forces it to send a new text message to you starting with 32665 (FBOOK) and adding a value to the end of the number starting at 100 and going up from there.

This forces me to receive texts from 32665101, 32665102, 32665103, etc.

Is there a way for me to create a contact with a wildcard (* or anything like that) that would take care of this problem and always tell me that it is Facebook texting me?

I'd love to use this because I could set a contact image and name the contact so it wouldn't come in as simply 32665xxx
    Fortunately for you, there are only 899 possibilities. So all you have to do is create a master contact for facebook, and 899 other contacts for facebook, one for each possibility, and then link them all. You might be able to do this relatively easily by creating a csv file in Excel that you could then ingest into Google contacts. And then you'd have to spend an hour or five linking contacts. But I think that would solve your problem.

Or you could turn off facebook text alerts.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  4.    #4  
    anyyyyyone else have any type of solution?
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    That sounds unbelieveably annoying. Why not change your text alerts to email alerts. I'm pretty sure they would all come from the same email address. I can't imagine having facebook alert me for any reason. Nothing that happens on facebook is important enough to warrant an immediate notification.
  6.    #6  
    Does anyone know about the filesystem and how contacts are entered? I would rather not bog down the contacts by adding ~100 or so numbers under facebook just for a little picture to pop up as well.
    NY Giants fan?

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i'm going to watch this thread ... i too like the text notification of facebook and would like to know if anyone has an answer for your question.