1.    #1  
    if you guys have been around here for a while you may remember me. i had a pre and had it replaced 4 times due to hardware issues such as dead pixels, light leaks, wobbly slider, oreo, etc.

this was 3 months ago.

i want the palm pixi but there's something about the pre that i still love but i'm worried i'll go through the same experience again with issues and returns.

anybody get a pre recently and not have dead pixels on it ?
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    if you guys have been around here for a while you may remember me. i had a pre and had it replaced 4 times due to hardware issues such as dead pixels, light leaks, wobbly slider, oreo, etc.

this was 3 months ago.

i want the palm pixi but there's something about the pre that i still love but i'm worried i'll go through the same experience again with issues and returns.

anybody get a pre recently and not have dead pixels on it ?
    The problems are always going to be there; I've only had to replace one Pre out of two lines when I got through telesales. So far; I'm pretty pleased.

Although, the Pixi's studier build (due to it's form factor) is rather tempting.
    My Pre is a day 1 release and I have no issues with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    My Pre is a day 1 release and I have no issues with it.
    2nd that
  5.    #5  
    UGH you guys are tempting me >.<
    well i have a pixi set aside for me so im going to get it, but if i dont love it then ill probably get a pre again (:
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    2nd that
    3rd
    <<<<<look left<<<<<<<<<<
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    forgot to mentioned,welcome back!
    <<<<<look lefft<<<<<<
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I have 4 pre's for the family and not one replacement.

come to think of it, I can't think of any item in my lifetime that I had to replace more than twice.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I have had two and never had a problem with that. Buy BUT GET WARRANTY!
    to me the issues you delt with will be in most of them. im not sure how bad your oreo was but a little wiggle is going to happen. my problem is the reception. i asked,the forum, about that a few weeks back for just those who purchased within the last 30 days. most who purchased from best buy claimed to not have a problem with reception.

not sure if this helped, but i am also waiting until 1.3 come out to see if it fixes any other little annoyances (major lag opening the phone, etc.)
    best of the rest, haven't had an issue
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    my problem is the reception. i asked,the forum, about that a few weeks back for just those who purchased within the last 30 days. most who purchased from best buy claimed to not have a problem with reception.
    Reception has a lot to do with your location, it's not always the phone and I seriously doubt that the place of purchase has anything to do with the phone's reception.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    not sure if this helped, but i am also waiting until 1.3 come out to see if it fixes any other little annoyances (major lag opening the phone, etc.)
    When I tap on my phone icon, the dialpad appears in less than half a second.
  13.    #13  
    i can deal with some wiggle, but i CANNOT deal with dead pixels. they drive me insaaaaaaaaaane!
    Don't you feel like you own the pre and are able to put in to it what you want to get out of it....?
    How do I move the virtual keyboard around the screen>>>
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    It has been safe since day 1.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    It has been safe since day 1.
    not for me... dead pixels, bad oreo, light leaks.
    does that sound safe to you ?