Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    For the last few days I have had my phone has constantly gone offline for no apparent reason and today I have noticed massive battery drain . I am wodering if anyone has experienced these issues together or separately.
    looks like its just you ?? maybe use the webos recovery utility to find the problem?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Lord I hope not and have to reinstall everything again ....music, movies, pictures, apps , homebrew....ugh
    no no no no recovery tool does not delete anything at all man just do a search for the webos recovery utility and read up on it !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Exact same thing has started happening to me this week. I was hoping someone here had figured out a solution.
    Mine does this a couple times a day. I can go from full bars to nothing or in the middle of doing something the data just stops.
    Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller View Post
    Mine does this a couple times a day. I can go from full bars to nothing or in the middle of doing something the data just stops.
    I have this exact same experience. IMHO eitehr the CDMA radio in this thing, or the software driving it, sucks badly.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    In October mine kept hopping between roaming and EV signal, the phone didn't work, and was running hot. All I did was turn it off, remove and replace the battery and turn it back on and everything was running good since. Not sure if this would do the same for you.
    For no reason? You're probably in an area with bad signal. My phone battery drains badly when I'm in the lead/concrete surrounded basement where I work, so I just turn the phone radio off then. Otherwise its fine.
    mine was doing the same thing. It ended up being some entry in my google calendar goofing it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaitou kid View Post
    For no reason? You're probably in an area with bad signal.
    I might buy this suggestion if it weren't for the fact that frequently, the signal goes from full bars to no bars and back. I'm very suspect that the signal really fluctuates that much without the radio being poorly tuned or the software not working correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by spot3981 View Post
    mine was doing the same thing. It ended up being some entry in my google calendar goofing it up.
    Wow! That is seriously odd. I may have to try disconnecting my google calendar for a few days to see if that helps.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem today. I did a doctor yesterday because it wasn't working with the App Catalog or YouTube, and I thought maybe it was something in all the apps, patches, services, or themes. Turns out, I THINK, that they didn't like my WiFi at home for some reason. [sure wish i had thought to turn off wifi and try connecting to those again]

Anyway, loaded up my palm proflile and seem to have gotten everything synced right (except Evernote won't authenticate), but my phone is constantly going offline. It's not losing signal - I have 5 bars and EvDo going, then all of a sudden "Phone Offline" or "No Service", then back to 5 bars and EvDo on.

I downloaded a new doctor file before running it, so I don't if there's something in that, or a setting I previously had on/off that I don't anymore, or what. I've updated PRL and Network settings, rebooted a couple times, still does it. I've installed PreWare via WebOSQuickInstall, but haven't put on any tweaks/patches or homebrew apps.

I guess I'll try re-doctoring it later if no one has ideas what's going on.
    Interesting - its also not storing my outgoing or incoming calls in the call history.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spot3981 View Post
    Weird. Do you know what it was about the entry that it didn't like?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Ok, VERY weird - I just rebooted and I'm in the setup dialog for connecting to my profile again.

EDIT: Except it won't let me sign in. Did I just lose my cloud data?!
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    Weird. Do you know what it was about the entry that it didn't like?
    I'm not sure, but I think it was something about a repeating event or a reminder. I had already tried webos doctor and even took it to Sprint. They couldn't figure out the "phone offline" and batter drain. They gave me a replacement and it did the same thing. I ended up deleting my google calendar and, boom, problem solved. Random, but it worked.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    mINES is doing the same thing, I dont know why its broke!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Same here. I travel for a living, so I'm in different areas when it's happening. It is causing major battery drain and I keep getting that annoying message that my phone is offline, call Sprint for help. I've called Sprint and they keep telling me there's nothing wrong with my phone or their system. Suuuurre....
    Dang, I did a search and found this thread because this problem just popped up on me yesterday. I've had my Pre since July and recently did a webosdoctor because I was experiencing a few glitchy annoyances. I figured they were probably due to my messing around with the various patches and whatnot. Anyhow, I did the first webosdoctor right before Thanksgiving, restored the PalmDatabase.db3 file that I had backed up (per the recent how-to article that was posted here), and then rooted it again and installed a few apps (homebrews and regular). Everything seemed to run great (even my battery life was significantly better) but after I nearly missed a doctor's appointment, I realized early this week that my Google calendar wasn't properly synching, so I decided to do the Doctor again yesterday AM. This time I didn't restore the PalmDatabase.db3 file, thinking there could have been something in there causing problems. Again, I rooted it and added some apps, including a few new ones I noticed. As far as I can tell, my problem didn't begin until I started using one of the new apps, a stopwatch. I was trying to time something i was smoking out on the grille, so i just started the stopwatch and flicked the card aside. At this point I had about 60% battery life remaining (it was about 6:15PM). At around 7:45 PM, my Pre chimed and let me know that my battery was below 10%. I picked it up and it was warmer than I've ever felt. I plugged it into the charger and didn't pay any attention to it until this morning. This morning, i noticed it was still pretty warm. The UI was really sluggish so I stopped the stopwatch (it had been running 15 some hours). That didn't seem to change anything. Also, I received several text messages, but when I clicked the notification bubble to read them, the messaging app came up but the messages never appeared. So I rebooted the phone and it seemed to help the UI performance but then I started noticing the "phone offline" thing popping up really frequently all day long. So a few hours ago, I performed the webosdoctor again and for now it seems like the "phone offline" problem has cleared up. But I haven't tried rooting it or doing anything else. Hopefully somebody will figure this one out because it's a PITA to have to deal with it.
    I have been having the same problem for the past few weeks. I notice that my battery begins to drain at a VERY fast pace, even though the screen shows that I have all bars. When this happens I do not receive text messages, I cannot make calls or receive them (If I do, the voicemail and text will show up hours later or only after i reset the phone!!!), and I cannot connect to the internet (or use any app or anything on my phone at all). I have to reset the phone when this happens. I am going into sprint today to see what they will do to fix this problem...
    Quote Originally Posted by 27scoob View Post
    For the last few days I have had my phone has constantly gone offline for no apparent reason and today I have noticed massive battery drain . I am wodering if anyone has experienced these issues together or separately.
    My GSM Pre behaved like this trying to get 3G to work. I suspect it to be data related. As a suggestion, you could try to force 2G use and/or switch off data use to see if the problem persists.

Btw, what WebOS version are you on?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast