Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    webOS 1.3 In Europe By End Of November

hoped for a sooner release worldwide
    That's good news actually. Since there was no confirmation we now know we'll get it in less than two weeks after the US, maybe even around the same time..
    Wow, that sucks really want it now, I *need* some of the patches, it sucks not being able to fully use your phone as you are waiting for the update. Hopefully 'the end of november' means the second half of november, I.e. Soon!!!
    You could have easily patched to the latest Sprint version like quite a few of us have already done. Either way it is good to get some confirmation of when 1.3 is coming.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    wow two whole weeks ha ha ha ha . what cant wait that long lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Hi guys,

I am from Germany and today went to 02 shop and the guy there had no idea even of an update coming!! Hearing him talk like that I was so totally frustrated, lost all hopes of November 15th, came back home , downloaded and flashed Sprint 1.2.1 and now the phone looks cool. Just wondering , for the last one month I couldnot even use the mail app to get my yahoo mails and if this is the case with 1.1.3 why is palm still delaying with the 1.3?? Frankly I think many people in Europe are already frustrated and I think many will flash 1.2.1 soon and forget waiting for 1.3.1.

On the good side if they could bring the 1.3.1 in the 3rd week of november or so , they could still win some Christmas buyers here in Germany ! Crossing fingers

Chander!
    I am only hoping that the bluetooth problem gets fixed with 1.31.

I am considering updating to Sprint 1.21 but since it is only going to take 2 weeks for the official update, it may be best to just wait.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    by the "end of november"...mmmm....the 15th is by the end of november too.

I dont know, but it seems daft to me to wait another too weeks. Its been on the pixi already. No-one else has made such a statement, maybe they are just being careful?
    Palm would probably just rather hear people complaining about having to wait for the update as opposed to hearing them complain about how the update doesn't work properly on the Pre.

You just know that, if there's even a minor problem on the next update, there are going to be ten threads made complaining about it and how the poster wishes Palm had waited to get it right before releasing it.
    Hang on a second...I havent heard anything coinfirmed from Palm that the US release of 1.3 for the Pre is on Nov 15...its only the Pixi that they have confirmed for that date.

So we may not be too far behind the US at all.

Gx
    i want it now
    the bulk of the problems faced by GSM users can be fixed with 1.2.1 !! which we arent allowed to have, so the idea that we have to wait longer is just silly!
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    i want it now
    which we arent allowed to have, !
    Hi ,

I don't understand the above sentence! Can I ask you why you think you are not allowed to have ? Officially yes through on the air update no , but I think you can easily download 1.2.1 and flash it yourself as I did yesterday. only difference will be one or two sprint apps in the launcher. But I havent found any problems in doing that ! It works fine and i have tonnes of patches produced every day for 1.2.1 !!!
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chander View Post
    Hi ,

I don't understand the above sentence! Can I ask you why you think you are not allowed to have ? Officially yes through on the air update no , but I think you can easily download 1.2.1 and flash it yourself as I did yesterday. only difference will be one or two sprint apps in the launcher. But I havent found any problems in doing that ! It works fine and i have tonnes of patches produced every day for 1.2.1 !!!

I'm so tempted to flash 2.1 now, but if 3.1 is out on Sunday.....grrr

EDIT: Actually if it comes out only in the US on Sunday - I'll just use that instead!
    Last edited by robdos; 11/12/2009 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Thought
    Quote Originally Posted by chander View Post
    Hi ,

Doesn't help those of us who need some of the paid apps.
    Too little, too late for me.

Moving to Android as soon as the Milestone (Droid) comes out over here. I wasn't told I'd be buying the Pre with the outdated firmware when I took out the contract, and I think I've been very patient so far, but another 2 weeks and the Milestone (Droid) will be available.

Plus, these 'tip-offs' often turn out to be complete fabrications.

And before anyone mentions 'flash to Sprint 1.2' - Farting around with Firmware and voiding warranties to get a phone to do a couple of extra features, which should have worked in the first place is exactly why I switched from Windows Mobile.
    (Plus no developers seem to be in any hurry to knock out a decent MSN client, Sat Nav, and it looks like 1.3.1 STILL won't let me record video). It feels like I'm stuck back in 2003.
    I don't understand why people always post diatribes when they decide to switch phones. I'm happy you've decided to go with another product, way to post a bunch of parting shots for no reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_freegan View Post
    it looks like 1.3.1 STILL won't let me record video)
    According to the devs (was it Rod, i forget?) the 1.3.1 update has all the linux binaries included to allow video recording in a format that is native to the built-in video player without requiring patches. I would reckon this means a homebrew video app is likely to be pretty close on the tail of 1.3.1 update. So in some ways, 1.3.1 will let you record video.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    webOS 1.3 In Europe By End Of November

hoped for a sooner release worldwide
    lol i know im gunna recieve some about this... but i just had to do it... lol here we go...

USA! USA! USA! USA!

take that Europe! we got the update!
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    biatch, just wait til nokia take over, then we will get priority
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast