Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    being an ex winmo guy I know only too well what its like to be left with no updates and having to rely on the community for improvements. I also like the underdogs and like to buy something different. I'm only hoping we aren't left behind that's all, having access to paid apps is going to be vital in the coming months
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    well.. I'm an ex-iphone owner and I've got to say I'm impressed with the pre. I'm slowly falling in love with it.. I just want MORE.. lol

I'm really looking forward to this firmware upgrade. I must check about 10 times a day to see if there's any updates about.. Although it seems broken at the moment.. (anyone else getting unable to connect...... ?)

It's got so much potential .. cant wait to see what 2010 brings !

O and the iphones got video.. after.. no wait not the iphone 2g.. not the 3g.. the 3gs.. so thats the 3rd edition. Palm is fixing txt forwarding and bits within the first few months.. something I had to wait 2 years for apple to fix !

Keep up the good work.. that's what I say !

Steve
    I think its good that all users write their experiences here. Maybe I moan too much. (I blame my Greek origin and hot blooded culture - We do like to moan a lot.) So interesting to hear about the iphone. I didn't realise that video took so long to come. I thought it was just the sms forwarding. Also nice to hear about the winmo too.

Thanks guys I will zip it and be patient...
    Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    I think its good that all users write their experiences here. Maybe I moan too much. (I blame my Greek origin and hot blooded culture - We do like to moan a lot.) So interesting to hear about the iphone. I didn't realise that video took so long to come. I thought it was just the sms forwarding. Also nice to hear about the winmo too.

Thanks guys I will zip it and be patient...
    Vas
    Portuguese moaner here

I like my Pre but I'm very disapointed with Palm because of the slow development on this mobile. The only thing that saves us is the Pre comunity which is fantastic. Otherwise I think i'll regret buying a Pre.

Iphone took a while but it was the first... So, we are in disavantage. If palm want to compete with the established brands like iphone, nokia maemo, android, it has to develop better and faster.

I'm concerned that webos can't keep the pace and gets too behind. That point it would be nice that there is a port of android (like was been anounced for pre) that alow us to mantein this equipment.
    Quote Originally Posted by CdRsKuLL View Post
    well.. I'm an ex-iphone owner and I've got to say I'm impressed with the pre. I'm slowly falling in love with it.. I just want MORE.. lol

I'm really looking forward to this firmware upgrade. I must check about 10 times a day to see if there's any updates about.. Although it seems broken at the moment.. (anyone else getting unable to connect...... ?)

It's got so much potential .. cant wait to see what 2010 brings !

O and the iphones got video.. after.. no wait not the iphone 2g.. not the 3g.. the 3gs.. so thats the 3rd edition. Palm is fixing txt forwarding and bits within the first few months.. something I had to wait 2 years for apple to fix !

Keep up the good work.. that's what I say !

Steve
    Hahaha, Steve...you get everywhere don't you! Nice to bump into you again.

And for some reassurance, I can't connect 99% of the time I try to connect.
    Hey, I am happy with monthly OS updates! I have removed my theme and patches and am now patiently awaiting THE day.
    I have faith Palm will deliver.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeeJay View Post
    Hahaha, Steve...you get everywhere don't you! Nice to bump into you again.

And for some reassurance, I can't connect 99% of the time I try to connect.
    Thought I'd seen your nick before... lol how r u m8 ?

Upgraded to sprint 1.3.1 yesterday as I was bored.. :-)

Steve
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    how are you finding the battery after flashing? I was using 1.3.1 and after 4 days my phone became unuseable, I was losing around 20% per hour with no cards running, 3g and wifi off etc. only thing which fixed it was reverting back to 1.1.3
    Quote Originally Posted by CdRsKuLL View Post
    Thought I'd seen your nick before... lol how r u m8 ?

Upgraded to sprint 1.3.1 yesterday as I was bored.. :-)

Steve
    Are you planning to Doc your Pre to the O2 1.3.1 when it comes out?
    You know what is worse about this wait? My Pre downloaded the update (currently I'm on Sprint 1.2.1) and every time I charge it I get the question (do you wanna install the upgrade?).

I need to remove the patches, make sure all contacts are backed up on my pc too, uninstall apps etc from Preware. Do the update, re-install and re configure. At least I wanna do it ONCE as long as the UK 1.3.1 comes out. I will give Palm till the 30th of this month Then I will upgrade to the Sprint version.

Regarding taking the fruit company 3 gens to bring video on their phone..well fair enough. I have never had one before. However there are Nokias, Ericssons etc out there...I was looking at the bigger picture...

Cheers
    Vas
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Are you planning to Doc your Pre to the O2 1.3.1 when it comes out?
    Yeah I will just flash back to 1.1.3 then upgrade as normal via O2. I'm on a exchange server so my contacts / mail are just sync'd..

I dont have many apps installed so no probs there.

Steve
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123