Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Does anyone find the keys on the pre keyboard too hard to press? I love the device but the major problem I have with it is that my thumbs start to hurt having to use so much force to push the keys - feel like it'll lead to repetitive stress injury. What do you all think of the keyboard? Would you have preferred one with a softer, lighter touch like me or am I alone on this? Do people really need so much tactile feedback that it destroys their thumbs?
    Rishi O.
    Quote Originally Posted by rishio View Post
    Does anyone find the keys on the pre keyboard too hard to press? I love the device but the major problem I have with it is that my thumbs start to hurt having to use so much force to push the keys - feel like it'll lead to repetitive stress injury. What do you all think of the keyboard? Would you have preferred one with a softer, lighter touch like me or am I alone on this? Do people really need so much tactile feedback that it destroys their thumbs?
    The keyboard is one of the few things on the Pre that i don't have a complaint about.
    Maybe you should do some 'thumb pushups' to build those little buggas up!
    damn really that hard? first i read about that. G/L
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    yeah, way to hard for me. My hands start hurting after messaging with friends. An unfortunate design flaw - hopefully the pixie keys are easier to press.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I find extended texting tiring no matter the device. I suppose the keys could be softer, but the keys are so small, I'm afraid that I would end up depressing more than one with indirect pressure.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I didn't have that problem with the iPhone onscreen keyboard - my previous device. I just hated how the iphone keyboard took up half of the screen. Perhaps the keys are too small to make them softer but I tried the motorola droid keyboard and that was much easier to press down. The only problem is that I really like webOS - just wish they make a device with a lighter keyboard next time..

Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    I find extended texting tiring no matter the device. I suppose the keys could be softer, but the keys are so small, I'm afraid that I would end up depressing more than one with indirect pressure.
    Rishi O.
    My fingers don't tire however I find that in cold weather when your finger tips are a little bit hard to feel, typing is IMPOSSIBLE!
    Problem is you're using your thumbs. Need to use your thumbnails.
    man up, my wife does not complain about it