1.    #1  
    I have not come across this before and havent seen here on the forums. I deleted a conversation from my text on accident the other day. However when that person texted me again all the previous text still show up. But the text doesn't show up on my conversation area or anywhere. If I text them back I have to do a new text but even then the new text do not show up any where? Does anyone know why this is happening? Its not a big deal but just curious.
    This is a common issue, there are a few threads that discuss it. The fix is something about unlinking the contact and the linking it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    This is a common issue, there are a few threads that discuss it. The fix is something about unlinking the contact and the linking it back.
    ya, its with linked contacts. unlink them and then link them back. i dont no why you cant delete things, but i dont cuz of this one fact. it sucks
    How do you unlink and link back the contact? For the first time since I owned this phone, July 2009, I am also experiencing the lost of text threads that don't show up....grrr....
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I just had this problem right now with the two hoes that text me non-stop. Granted, they only had one profile linked to them, this seemed to work for both.

1. Delete the conversations with the contacts this is happening with. Search for them in the messaging app and freak out because they're still not deleted.
    2. Close out of the messaging app.
    3. Open your contacts and create a new contact called 'Test' or whatever you'd like. You don't have to add any extra info, just create a new contact and name it.
    4. Find and select the person/s this is happening with in your contacts and link the dummy profile you created. (Tap on their name, then "Link More Profiles...")
    5. Open the messaging app again and the conversation should appear once again. If it has, go back to your contacts and unlink the dummy profile.
    6. You should be able to delete the conversation for good.
    7. Give a big "**** you!" to Palm for not fixing this yet. Unacc****ingceptable.
    not working on my end...and to make matters worse...when i unlinked the contact from her other 3 accounts, they now all show up as text msg conversations that I cannot delete

and now when the conversation does open it is all blank. and while I cannot see the text messages, I can swipe them off the screen and hit delete
    Last edited by whitesmoke33; 11/13/2009 at 05:22 PM.
    same thing is happening to me its really F-ing annoying to say the least