Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Some of these can be fixed in software, others will need hardware updates (Pre2 anyone?)

WebOS - these are things that I think Palm can and should fix on our existing pre's
    More codac support (for different audio/video formats)
    More native access to sdk (we're missing basic functionality such as recording.. and although I love javascript/etc, it's keeping some developers out.. )
    Fix the memory leaks (!!)
    fix the radio? can that be done in software? the radio is not nearly as powerful as the one in my old Touch Pro - and keeps flip flopping from 1x to evdo for me from time to time

Hardware - wishlist for the next Pre
    Better radio antenna (unless it can be fixed in software)
    better bluetooth antenna
    More RAM memory (would love a Pre w/ 512mb ram)
    MicroSD - or more storage
    larger screen (I'm jealous of the screen size of the droid/iphone/etc.. our screen is almost good enough - would love an extra .5" on it.. Keep the same form factor, but get rid of the button, and make the screen almost edge to edge)
    better battery/chipset (would love to see a Pre that runs FULL THROTTLE for a full day - right now my Pre dies after ~5-6 hours if I'm listening to something on my bluetooth headset.. and even shorter if streaming music)

Just my $.02

-mark
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    Some of these can be fixed in software, others will need hardware updates (Pre2 anyone?)

WebOS - these are things that I think Palm can and should fix on our existing pre's
    More codac support (for different audio/video formats)
    More native access to sdk (we're missing basic functionality such as recording.. and although I love javascript/etc, it's keeping some developers out.. )
    Fix the memory leaks (!!)
    fix the radio? can that be done in software? the radio is not nearly as powerful as the one in my old Touch Pro - and keeps flip flopping from 1x to evdo for me from time to time

Hardware - wishlist for the next Pre
    Better radio antenna (unless it can be fixed in software)
    better bluetooth antenna
    More RAM memory (would love a Pre w/ 512mb ram)
    MicroSD - or more storage
    larger screen (I'm jealous of the screen size of the droid/iphone/etc.. our screen is almost good enough - would love an extra .5" on it.. Keep the same form factor, but get rid of the button, and make the screen almost edge to edge)
    better battery/chipset (would love to see a Pre that runs FULL THROTTLE for a full day - right now my Pre dies after ~5-6 hours if I'm listening to something on my bluetooth headset.. and even shorter if streaming music)

Just my $.02

-mark
    So uh, what phone out there lasts more than 5-6 hours when using it to it's full capacity? I don't know of one, and if there is one that lasts longer, it's not going to be much longer. FWIW, I can get 5 hours streaming Pandora pretty easily.