Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39
  1.    #1  
    If I read this line in another post I am going to stab myself.

    People of the Pre Brotherhood, there is no such thing has an iPhone killer and there will never be a phone that can hurt the iPhone.

    I hate the iPhone, sure it is a great phone, crappy carrier, over priced (both phone and plan), but it does so much more. People connect with it because they use "iTunes". Did you see that? They put a lower case "i" in front of their words to make it "theirs".

    If Palm had something like iTunes and called it pBoss (Like a boss!) or something of that nature and sold things cheaper than iTunes and began to steal from their customers, it would become an iPhone killer, but you gotta go after the source. Apple sells both phones and mp3 players (eventhough they are basically the same thing) so they even get money from those who dont have an iPhone. Like me. I own an iTouch and iLoveit. If the iPhone were that thin, SOLD!

    But i digress, no other phone, even it were shaped like the iPhone and ran smoother then the iPhone, could ever kill it. The base is too thick and it's diversity is amazing.

    So to conclude, please stop calling the "next" Pre an iPhone killer. There is no such thing, unless Apple releases the iPwned, which will out sell their own iPhone. Fact check, the "iPwned" is not a real phone so please don't try to flame me for it.

    ps - I own an iTouch, and it has WiFi, and it is thin, why again did they not put WiFi in the Pixi?
  2. Clipse's Avatar
    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #2  
    Nobody here is talking about the pre as a iphone killer except crap threads like this.
  3. #3  
    very nice post.

    I especially liked where you said something along the lines of 'no phones even if it were shaped like an iphone, is not an iphone' --i agree

    the thing is though: I haven't seen a thread or post on precentral for a very long time indicating this phone is an iphone killer.

    I think people here don't give a crap about iphones in general, and are busy with our Pre's
  4.    #4  
    I only wrote it because I just read a post, in the Pixi forums I believe, that said the "next Pre will be an iPhone killer", and the Pixi could be an "iPhone killer".

    Clipse - <I disagree with you>
    Last edited by pogeypre; 11/11/2009 at 11:03 AM. Reason: name calling
  5. #5  
    Nice trolling!

    The Pre does not need iTunes to be a good phone or MP3 player. I hate iTunes. Thats right I said it! I hate iTunes. Even though the Pre does not work with iTunes (for the time being) there is a program called doubletwist...Better interface, it has amazon MP3 store. Even though I personally prefer the drag and drop of my files on my device.
  6. #6  
    <deleted content>
    Man that made me laugh like crazy. That is one of the funniest and truest things I have read in a long time.

    Thanks "thedonk13", you made my day. Do you mind if I use some of that material. it is pretty sweet!!!
    Last edited by pogeypre; 11/11/2009 at 11:12 AM.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by thedonk13 View Post
    People of the Pre Brotherhood, there is no such thing has an iPhone killer and there will never be a phone that can hurt the iPhone.
    Never say never. I'm sure people thought the same about the Blackberry when it came out and was the greatest thing ever. iPhone will not dominate the market forever, I promise you.
  8. #8  
    There are four lights.
  9. #9  
    If you have to edit a word to fool the site into allowing you to post blocked content, you should probably choose a different word.

    As to the topic, I would like to see a phone stand on it's own and not have to be considered a killer of anything. The problem is that when you don't stand toe to toe with the big boys, you are forgotten.

    David would just be a sheep herder if he didn't take on Golliath.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  10.    #10  
    Raz, you sir have can use the <edit> material. It was not originally mine, but when I heard it I felt a sense that <edit> no longer held the smack in the face punch it had not so long ago.

    Please, help spread the <edit> logic.

    As for "i hate iTunes" blah blah, go ahead and hate it. I use it for simplicity. I don't buy any of my music, but iTunes makes life easier, oh ya I also have an iTouch will is an amazing mp3 player. I simply stated a fact that one of the main reason the iPhone was such a dominating factor was the fact they have iTunes already in place with a massive base. Why do you think Palm is basically hacking into it has best they can. They want that market share. Bottom line, you can't kill the phone, but you can steal some of its followers by giving them another option to use with their iTunes accounts.

    cgardner - I don't even know what trolling is....I'm still pretty new to forum posting...so call me a noob or a newb or whatever it is posters call new people....
    Last edited by pogeypre; 11/11/2009 at 11:21 AM.
  11. qst4's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by thedonk13 View Post
    I only wrote it because I just read a post, in the Pixi forums I believe, that said the "next Pre will be an iPhone killer", and the Pixi could be an "iPhone killer".

    Clipse - <I disagree with you>
    Pog should not have edited the post. I say if someone puts their foot in their mouth let them, so the rest of us know where they are coming from.
  12. PiggyGirl's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #12  
    While the iPhone is an interesting device, its so-called perfection is a matter of opinion and hype. We're not all followers/conformists. Some of us can actually think for ourselves and pick a phone truly best for our individual use/needs, which isn't always an iPhone. As far as another phone displacing the iPhone in regards to market share, it will inevitably happen and probably soon.
  13. KJ78's Avatar
    Posts
    838 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #13  
    ultimately, apple's restrictive policies and design will be iphone's killer
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    If you have to edit a word to fool the site into allowing you to post blocked content, you should probably choose a different word.
    I don't understand why that word is even banned? <edit>
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    Pog should not have edited the post. I say if someone puts their foot in their mouth let them, so the rest of us know where they are coming from.
    Forum rules, my friend.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by thedonk13 View Post
    I don't understand why that word is even banned? <edit>
    I'm sorry you feel that way. You have some valid points, and I agree with you for the most part. Stick with that, and leave the other stuff out.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  17. Shado.F's Avatar
    Posts
    263 Posts
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    #17  
    The day the iPhone was released it already died; AT&T is the iPhone killer - with that said, we should all move on from topics like this.
  18.    #18  
    Ok ok...here we go....

    Why is unsaid word banned in the first place? If it is such a bad word why would they sell products at Walmart and other fine stores that place this word on the front of the packaging. If it were a bad word wouldn't they name it smellgooder or funkbegone?

    I understand the need to edit my posts, but I didn't even say the word there. So you are simply editing my posts for the thought of the word. Are you really going to go down the road of thought policing and just going to edit what you deem necessary to edit? Is it even really a bad word when not directed at someone but merely a blank statement?

    Really Pog? I'm thinking an abuse of mod powers here...but hey, i'm no mod so I don't know how great it must feel to simply edit someone's post because you didn't agree with their logic. Now the rest of the world will not understand my nozzle point of view.
    Last edited by thedonk13; 11/11/2009 at 11:30 AM. Reason: forgot to proof read and add "will" befor not in the last line.
  19. stockh's Avatar
    Posts
    401 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #19  
    What's amazing about the iphone is the dominance it has held for over 3yrs and counting. Even the Ipod is still dominant. When's the last time a technology gadget stayed relevant for that long?

    side note: A lot of Apple employees who were responsible for the Iphone and Ipod are now working for Palm........ OH SNAP!!!
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shado.F View Post
    The day the iPhone was released it already died; AT&T is the iPhone killer - with that said, we should all move on from topics like this.
    My amigo Shado makes a great statement here. +1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions